LOCH GARTEN June 2022

All quiet on the Osprey front. Mistle started gently food soliciting, then quiet, then stood up to reveal.........

,, what appeared to be a half eaten rainbow trout! No doubt Scylla will be able to get a much sharper image than me. All this happened about 5:45.  It was as stiff as a board. When was that delivered?

Afrer faffing around getting images 1 of them has come back to the nest and is incubating - can't tell which. 

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• Just had another look at last night's 'biggie', 'Twas a rainbow. I think this morning's rainbow is the half eaten fish from last night. It MUST have been a biggie! Interesting that Axel, like many other Ospreys, seems to avoid foraging at the fish farm while they are open to the public. He's a 9 - 5 brown trout man!

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• Thank you for starting a new thread for June, CRINGER - I don't know why I'm entangled in the first of the month's web and you're (apparently) not, I was about to start the new thread in the official manner, to which you are obviously oblivious *sigh* but I love you anyway Heart

Link to last evening's whopper, for those who need cheering up.

An early daybreak in the far north of this sceptred isle - snapped so long ago that I can't remember its narrative :(((

Mistle had a few nibbles, resumed incubation:

With Axel on his way, Mistle flew off with the remains of her fish:

This is Axel flying off with what Mistle brought back and some nest material for vitamins:

06:52 Mistle had a big stretching/scratching session and resumed incubation.

07:16 she had a nearly 2-minute flyabout, returning with a small stick.

07:36 Axel took over, he's still here, I think.

Coffee coming up.

• Morning all. In the car on the A1, using data!..Axel was incubating. 10.41 Mistle returned. Axel got up with no persuasion. He stands on the rim preening. A lovely day with blue skies and high clouds.

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• Safe journey Sheila. Enjoy.
  • 12:03 small (I think) fish.

I'm off for a nap.
  • Thank you Cathy, very kind of you.
    Mistle wasn't away long according to chat, Axel stayed for a further 20 minutes before flying off. Mistle was incubating before 13.00 - I lost signal

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• Another fish @ 15:47 - not sure if its #3 or #4. I think there was another @ 14:29.

• Mistle back on the nest @ 15:56 - it was a 9 minute fish. VERY interesting small brown trout from lochs and rivers during the day - any WHOPPERS of rainbows = outside opening hours at the fish farm - just like his predecessor Ollie.

• Live chat says now 3 fish today - 'Small fish at 12:03, 13:30, 14:46' Not sure those times are right - perhaps she is 1 hour behind us.

• Hmmmm now I am thinking the 15:47 I reported I MIGHT have been NOT watching live and saw the 14:46 fish arrive - which someone else in live chatwas at 14:26 not 14:46!
    DOH!