Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 15 May 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON and HAPPY TOTAL LUNAR ECLIPSE!!!

I hope everyone has a joyful week!

Sunday night (15 May) or Monday morning (16 May), depending on your location, is the Full Moon and a Total Lunar Eclipse. The moon should turn a shade of orange, red, or copper.

You can insert your city, town, or village into the search box on the Time and Date website to see the full eclipse timing and details for your specific area. I've inserted London in the box for this example.

The white-tail deer doe on my patch has had one female fawn this year. The baby looks healthy. Some springs the doe has twins, but I only saw one yesterday evening.

Take care, all. 

• Lurker alert! Okay here - gradually getting used to various things happening - cleaners were excellent when they started Monday. Some other successful stuff done too.
  • HEATHER Do hope you feel better soon.

OG and EE That is all good news.
  • LINDY - More gorgeous flowers in your garden.
    HEATHER - I hope you feel better soon.
    OG - that all sounds very promising.
    I have been golfing today. The cut off trousers made an appearance. Well, for the number of bunkers I visited, I might as well have been on a beach holiday!!!!!!
  • Heather -- Sorry you're not too good at present. Hope you feel better soon. Don't try to do too much! The weeds will wait.

Its been a pleasant day here, weather wise. Sunny and not too breezy. This morning I got my hair cut - it's surprising how much it grows. Went grocery shopping, then after a quick lunch, Sue came around for a chat and to bring back my scarf, which I'd left at her house recently. She took away with her an evening "wrap" which I unearthed and decided I will never wear. (Never have).
  • Rusty - Glad you enjoyed your golf. Nice to get out the summer clothes at last.

OG - Sounds as if normality is returning there. Glad to hear that the cleaners are good - I hope that you have a long association. (Will they do the ironing,?)
  • Well, what a day I've had! Went with a friend to Cuckmere Haven. We walked down to the sea - about a mile from the car park - then up what felt like a perpendicular cliff (actually, it was more of a scramble, and I was very grateful for my new walking boots and my pole!) When we got to the top we saw several other people who had taken the 'wimps' route - hardly a climb at all, just an uphill stroll! It was so beautiful up there - magnificent views and tiny people below us on the beach. We did see some clouds rolling in - and we took the 'wimps' route down, which was indeed a pleasant downhill stroll, not steep at all. Masses of skylarks singing their hearts out in the sunshine. We reckoned after that we had earned fish and chips in Eastbourne, which were excellent. We then bought some strawberries and ate them at the end of the pier. Then a lovely drive home, a completely different route from our outward one.

By the time I got home I was very tired, so took myself off to bed early - but not before I had watched a vixen with three cubs playing around on the lawn near where I had seen the deer on Sunday. I stood for several minutes watching them. Then went to bed ... and couldn't sleep, so here I am writing about my lovely day! Hopefully having decanted it from my brain onto the computer, I will now be able to sleep ... although we are promised violent thunderstorms overnight. Tomorrow it's a long drive to visit my sister, with hopefully a walk around Stourhead on the way, if I can still walk by then!

OG - Glad to hear the cleaners were good. That's something else you can now tick off the 'to do' list. Hope everything else is settling down for you.

Heather - Hope you soon feel back to your usual bright and cheerful self.
  • Pat - That sounds like quite a day! Very memorable. And crowned by seeing the foxes, too! Have a good family visit, too.

Good Morning. Dry here after a very wet night. Lots of stormy weather in the south of UK overnight, but we just got the rain.
  • Am loving my precious poppies - this is for Heather - hope you feel better today, Heather x

• Oh LINDY, thank you ! I love those poppies. Sadly, I only have the bog standard red ones. Yes, I'm feeling a lot more normal today ! I planted up three more tubs, so that's one less thing to worry about. Don't know what was wrong with me but it involved a bad headache, visual disturbances and nausea. I've never had a migraine but maybe there's a first time for everything...
    Thanks to all for your news. PAT - what a lovely description of your day.

• Tried to edit my typos but everything is slow on the site..