LOCH GARTEN - May 2022

AX6 Axel and his lovely unringed partner Mistle are bonding well, and Mistle has been threatening to lay an egg - we await developments.

It seems that Mistle has been on the perch & nest all night:

IMAGICAT

• CRinger said:
    FOTD #4. THIS time a VERY sizeable offering! 20:05. 1 thing for sure- she ain't goona' eat THAT in 5 minutes!

Told ya!

38 minutes and counting.......................

Axel *(the best thing to come out of Glen Affric since Pippa Middleton - you may need to Google thas to see the connection)' during a lull in his food soliciting still finds a little time to turn the eggs,

Does Axel have a President for his fan club yet? 

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• Uh oh, she has taken off with the fish. ENS.

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• SEA ​20:49 female back with fish
    SEA ​followed by Axel , female left with fish
    SEA ​20:49 Axel back on the eggs

• Axel got tired of waiting.and flrew off the nest. Mistle then arrived with a quarter of the fish, closely followed by Axel. . Mistle took off again WITH the fiish. Axel shrugged his shoulders and settled down to incubate.

AXEL: Read P 83 'Everything you ever wanted to know about being a male Osprey!' The chapter called 'Know when you are beat!'

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• Unknown said:
    SEA ​20:49 female back with fish
    SEA ​followed by Axel , female left with fish
    SEA ​20:49 Axel back on the eggs

Much better than my summary. I have never been a slave to brevity. 

• Lordie, he's yelling again!

• Here she is again. But he is not getting up. What the heck does he want? Company? She's eating on the nest, talking to the remains of her fish.

• 21:03 Mistle to the nest with a little of the fish tail.......... which she proceeds to eat herself on the nest rim.

• 21:03 Mistle to the nest with a little of the fish tail.......... which she proceeds to eat herself on the nest rim.

• She is off.