LOCH GARTEN - May 2022

AX6 Axel and his lovely unringed partner Mistle are bonding well, and Mistle has been threatening to lay an egg - we await developments.

It seems that Mistle has been on the perch & nest all night:

IMAGICAT

• This stops Axel food soliciting while he is incubating. Strange, as the last of his supper is being devoured by Mistle at close quarters!

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• And he's rockin and rollin on the eggs like he's done it forever...

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Axel wants attention, like all men!

• CC - love your posts! You are happy to do the daily summary?
    Mine always wander off into recipes and I haven't cooked anything new today!

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• Flattery will get you nowhere. Happy? HAPPY? No, but I'll think about it!! :-D

• I plan on salmon poached in milk with horseradish accompanied by oven baked asparagus in cheese and Jersey Royals tomorrow = so am happy to do it tomorrow! Deal?

• I'm having salmon with asparagus TONIGHT! Quelle surprise! But I have to go out and decapitate some dandelions.

There's an interesting conversation happening between Axel and Mistle presently. I think she's getting on the eggs soon...

• I thought fish on a Friday with the Osps was appropriate.

• 21:28 Mistle arrives back at trhe nest without even a fin from the fish. I just checked.I wrote 17 pages in my undergrad thesis about estimated length of fish brought back to the nest. Ithink they were all wasted. I used the wrong measurement parameter. At 17:00 Axel brought in a 5 minute fish. At 20:05 he brought in a 83 minute fish! THAT's what I should have used!

• Unknown said:

I'm having salmon with asparagus TONIGHT!

Don't forget the horseradish! Takes it to another level! (Gordon Ramsey)