LOCH GARTEN - May 2022

AX6 Axel and his lovely unringed partner Mistle are bonding well, and Mistle has been threatening to lay an egg - we await developments.

It seems that Mistle has been on the perch & nest all night:

IMAGICAT

• 16.26 Mistle returned fishless, and carrying a stick. Axel is now doing the complaining!!  He is staying on the eggs, while Mistle moves the furniture.  Role reversal!

16.29  Up to her usual tricks, doing things over Axel's tail, but it went wrong and she fell beak first!  It disturbed Axel, he got up, she sat down and is calling for seconds

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• Could we have proof please Cringer? upload your creation here pretty please?
  • Unknown said:
    Could we have proof please Cringer? upload your creation here pretty please?

I already posted it on the previous page. It pales into insignifance when you compare it with Sheila's work but hey ....... progress is prgress...... in another 10 years I might just be able to post a video!

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• CRinger said:

Korky said:
    Could we have proof please Cringer? upload your creation here pretty please?

I already posted it on the previous page. It pales into insignifance when you compare it with Sheila's work but hey ....... progress is prgress...... in another 10 years I might just be able to post a video!

16:25!

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• I leave videos to the experts LOL. I have no idea where to start. I remember when the Forum was 'up-dated' and we were all so very confused. Such is progress!!
    16.39 lots of down feathers coming from Axel as he preens.
    Mistle has continued to demand seconds. Axel flew off at 16.47 and she went quiet.

Technically it is fish #1, but given that y'days left over was more than twice the size of the recent one, yep, it's fish #2!!

Mistle pulled the fish around the nest at 04.36 , but didn't really eat anything. It wasn't until 07.29 was when she started to eating it. She then dragged it to the rim and continued eating - clearly a conscience that she was eating on the nest!

Axel had his meal off it at 08.07 and returned it at 08.41, and Mistle flew off to eat the remainder.

• CRinger said:

Well done yourself, I will of course be expecting more now! Clap Hugging

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• aah yes sorry I see it now Congratulations!!
  • Lynn L said:

Well done yourself, I will of course be expecting more now!  

Doing it for the first time and later REMEMBERING how you did it are 2 very different things!

• Mistle has been quiet for an hour and a half now. Is a fish imminent?
    Time for me to go.

• If it is I hope she doesn't drop THIS one!