LOCH GARTEN - May 2022

AX6 Axel and his lovely unringed partner Mistle are bonding well, and Mistle has been threatening to lay an egg - we await developments.

It seems that Mistle has been on the perch & nest all night:

IMAGICAT

• To be fair, I was perhaps just the first to post, CRinger! CC was fast behind me, and actually appreciated the egg had appeared, and Catlady was aware, but was having kittens rushing for tablets, laptops etc! We are all on the ball. I wouldn't normally be here at this time of night, but OH is away LOL.

How calm she looks now, with three eggs beneath her.

© RSPB - Loch Garten & WildlifeWindows

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• I love your modesty Sheila!

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• I counted TWO predictions before anyone else!

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• Add .Behavioural Osprey ecologist to your CV with me as a referee! A glowing reference will follow!

• A blushing SheilaFE retires to bed! Good!

• SheilaFE said:

CC wrote

She doesn't quite know what to think, it looks like!
    "OMG, is this ever going to STOP?"
    "How do I fit all of these underneath?"
    "What if there's MORE?!"
    "What's gonna happen next???"

She certainly does, poor Mistle!! It is difficult to imagine her reaction when she can hear the crocks within the shells!

If you want to see the reaction when a first hatch happens I recommend the 26 May 2020 Clywedog video of 552 hatching almost exactly at 10.30 a.m. 5F had laid several clutches before but had not been supported to get them to hatching - I could almost hear her thinking "What on EARTH?"

• Unknown said:
    If you want to see the reaction when a first hatch happens I recommend the 26 May 2020 Clywedog video of 552 hatching almost exactly at 10.30 a.m. 5F had laid several clutches before but had not been supported to get them to hatching - I could almost hear her thinking "What on EARTH?"

Thank you, ALAN - I missed that altogether as I wasn't following Clywedog, now I've found our own MaryGK's video:

IMAGICAT

• What a great video of 5F I missed that one, thank you for posting. A clutch of 3 for Mistle, lovely.
  • What a lot of goings on!  I haven't got time to Like all the posts that deserve it, and that only excludes CRINGER's Stuck out tongue Heart

Confessions - I couldn't find SHEILA's pigeon or KORKY's intruder chase-off before the main event Disappointed relieved 

CATCHUP

Blue308(f) intrudes brazenly, Axel brings fish, Mistle loses it?

I'm not even trying to snap the ring number, I know I can't do any better than CC.

FISH #2 and Mistle's shuffling-off of Axel:

EGG #3 (rather protracted!)

I downed the wind and then could only find 3 squeaks.

That's it for tonight and it's nearly morning :(((

IMAGICAT

• 11 May

The long wait for Hatching chick Hatching chick Hatching chick awaits us.

It's another wet and very windy day:

Edit !!!

Before I forget for the umpteenth time - I have been quite concerned by the absence of egg-turning - plenty of wiggling, plenty of aerating, but no turning that I've noticed.

IMAGICAT