Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 1 May 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH and HAPPY MAY DAY! 

I hope everyone has a wonderful week and a glorious spring!!!

Apologies for starting the thread a little early. We have big 'ol thunderstorms moving in, possibly severe, and I'm shutting down my computer for the night. I'm going to wash and cut my hair and do a little quiet meditation and planning for the month of May.

Today was a rare "Black Moon," the second new moon in a single month. A partial solar eclipse is just now ending, but it was not visible in the UK or the US. 

Take care, all. 

• Well done, Rusty! You're obviously not TOO rusty!! If you'll excuse the pun. ;-)

I've only ever played 9 holes - it's surprisingly tiring & certainly takes longer than you expect. I've never played a competition, I just play against my OH for practise - for him! You must be fit.

We had a good journey back, even though we had drizzly rain for some of the time. There were a lot of sheep in the fields, of course, and most of them had lambs.

Annette - I've been following events in the USA with horror- and apparently so have many others, on both sides of The Pond. What a backwards step it would be. Much as I hate the idea of abortion being used as a form of contraception, women's bodies are their own. Someone pointed out that this could then be the forerunner of other "reforms" such as taking away the freedom of who you would be allowed to marry. Ghastly.

• Good Morning. A bit dull and grey here, but we're looking forward to seeing some warmth over the next few days.

Hoping that AQ has now conquered the mouse problem.

Still thinking of OG and EE and hoping things are settling down there, now, and she is feeling better.
  • Good morning. The sun is now trying to come out here. I am taking some friends to the station soon as they set off on their holidays.
    I too am thinking about OG and EE and hoping they are getting into some kind of routine with OG in much less pain.
  • Sorry I'm reading but too tired to reply. Only the one mouse found (Monday). Today vacuumed & washed inside cupboards - OH's longer arms had to help with hard to reach corner by stove. Now airing. I'm replacing "stuff" Saturday as I'm out most of tomorrow for car service (too far to come home between). Good night.
  • Good morning. Where is everyone? Freezy night down to 5 C, currently (7.10 am) 7.5 C. Yeay winter is here.
  • AQ: I went to a Better Balance Class at the Y, then friend and I went to the place where we used to watch whales (didn't see any) with coffee and snacks. Back in time for lunch and a snooze in the garden . Rushed off my feet..... :-))
  • I've had a busy day - laundry, food shopping, laundry, annoying phone calls ("Do you have a grandmother?" I asked an obvious scammer "Then go to her on your knees and tell her you're trying to rob old ladies!")

This afternoon, oh joy!! Went to Dentist's for my new teeth!! Had to wait for a bit, then only 20 minutes in the chair and I had a new smile. Bliss. Also can now enjoy my food again. The bill presented to me afterwards was eye watering :-(

The local paper has published a poem I sent in about the dire payment machinery we have for pay parking. My OH expects to get comments from his friends: "Your wife has been at it again!"
  • Hi all, thanks for your news. Rusty, well done. I once played 9 holes with OH when on holiday in Scotland, didn't do well. Couldn't do it now. Pleased to hear you came in 1st in your Div..

Weather been cloudy with sun breaking through at times.
  • Good Morning. Sunny & bright here, wonderful.

More laundry. Then ironing will be due, too......
  • Sunny and warm here as well. Off to Wakehurst Place shortly - yet more bluebells, hopefully! Lindy - enjoy your ironing ... :)

Have a good day, everyone.