Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 24 April 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a joyful, serene week. 

Very windy here, but it's a remarkable 82F. That's 28C. It's going to get chilly again this week, but it sure was nice to see the sun today! This weekend is peak bird migration here, with millions of birds flying north through the night over Indiana. We've been advised to turn off all outdoor lights so we don't hamper their migration.

Take care and be safe, all. 

• Belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY AQ from my holidays in sunny Anglesey.

We walked from Newborough Beach car park to Llandwyn Island yesterday. Google the sad story of Saint Dwynwyn. We ended up walking nearly 6 miles!!!! Our fish and chip supper tasted gorgeous!!!

• Good Morning. I'm laboriously copying by hand into my tablet, the long post I wrote an hour ago on my mobile phone <sigh>,

For some reason, it won't post.

Happy Birthday, AQ! Hope you enjoyed your birthday chicken dinner. Sorry to hear about the Mouse Drama - my OH s sister, Sue, has had similar problems. More of that later.

Annette, I hope you've been resting since your epic journey south.I

More about magpies later, too - I have to go get dressed as off for a blood test at local c!inic & I'm running out of time!
  • RUSTY - Thank you. Enjoy your visit to Anglesey. I’ve only been there on my TV. My Welsh experiences were merely Cardiff, Monmouth & Llangollen, thanks to set coach tour. I didn’t manage to fit Wales into my self-drive UK tours.

LINDA – So you’re too young for the jab. DownUnder it is for over 65s - I’m well & truly eligible (due end of May).

Tea was delicious – lots of flavoursome (probably fatty) chicken and very salty chips. I shall manage a few fruchocs for supper. That should cover all food groups (fat, salt, choc, fruit).

• AQ - glad that you enjoyed your birthday meal ! I was planning to ask you about the noise and the source of it. What a shame to have to wash all those dishes etc... We have had the odd field mouse here. They used to enter the kitchen under the units via the drain pipe Then they could have great fun running around the kickboard spaces. We used to have a drawer integrated with one of the kickboards , where I kept paper doilies etc. One day, I discovered some chewed up doilies in a neat pile in the dining room. My OH was very unhappy indeed. There was the smallest gap imaginable in one of the kickboards and the field mouse got through it and then had the run of the house. OH put traps down. Sad but necessary. When we had the new kitchen units installed he made sure that there was not even a hairsbreadth of space anywhere. Even so, when the dishwasher repairman came last week, I asked him to check under the kitchen units etc. Thankfully, all seems well :-)

• AQ-Happy Belated Birthday!! It exhausted me to read the description of your "Recovery day"

• AQ: Oh Lord, a lot of stuff you don't need to deal with. Suggest you schedule more chicken and naughty chips until the mouse, its residue and remaining pots and pans are sorted.
  • AQ - belated Happy Birthday. My you have been busy on your birthday, not even taking it easy. Hope you enjoyed your chicken takeaway. Nice to have dau and family visit for your birthday.

HeatherB - that's a bit disappointing that you couldn't get your booster when you hoped to, hopefully it will go ahead on the date you've been given. Had mine over a week ago now..

I had someone come out to do a quote today for a shower cubicle fitting and to take the bath out. Quite reasonable or at least a bit cheaper than what I'd anticipated. Other bloke never turned up. Have sent in an application form for an assisted grant to help pay for a shower cubicle but I doubt if I will get one as reading through the form, I don't get any disability credits or dredits of any sort. Also you have to send in details of any investments etc plus bank account statements for the last 3 months - it is all means tested, never mind that you've not called on them before. Did this as an exercise and will see what they say but don't hold any hope.
  • We've had mice and bought humane traps, put peanut butter in them and caught the blighters. Set them free over on a spare bit of land opposite us . Not had any back as yet.

AQ - now that's a birthday meal, all the wrong sort of food or is it! no, its always good to have something you really like.
  • Thank you BJANE & LYNETTE. This is one birthday I do not want repeated. This morn I added a box of Lindt to shopping list & told OH what he had bought me!

Mouse saga. Episode 2. We installed 2 basic mouse traps yesterday. Overnight I woke several times to hear chewing sounds. Our boarder obviously likes peanut butter but managed not to set off trap. Neither OH nor I felt confident enough to fine-tune the setting so I returned to store to buy a “live trap”, catch is enclosed in a box, not that I care about live or dead, but this trap does not have to be “set”. Within 5 mins we heard SNAP but alas it was probably set off by a bus driving down our street. Reset and waiting. I washed more stuff from cupboard while OH decided clear out some of his cupboards (not connected) and get in my way. I can’t face any more today. Tea will be leftover chicken. . .

With all this drama I forgot to mention that G-son tested positive to covid at weekend. I’ve emailed offering shopping delivery if Dau & s-i-l are in home isolation. Dau is due to start Term 2 (teaching) on Monday. Meanwhile Dau#2 & Co are camping on Yorke Peninsula this week. Weather has been cool & rain expected Friday. Perhaps lots of UNO games.

• Just a thought

Imagine this. It’s 15 years from now, and you have no kids. You’re the cool wise aunt that occasionally comes back to the country for a brief visit before leaving for another long exotic vacation. You have no commitments, and a suspicious amount of money.