Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 17 April 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone who is celebrating a holiday and/or visiting with family this weekend has a wonderful, meaningful time.

Sorry I haven’t posted replies this week. I’m up to my ears in paperwork (figuring taxes, arguing with an insurance company, etc.). Sigh.

Take care all and stay safe.

• Just popped in - our visitors went home today & I'm shattered. So sorry to hear about poor OG and hope not too much damage done.

Will post more about things in general & our weekend in particular, tomorrow.
  • Looking in again and see that Diane had a message from OG.
    Do hope they can sort her out and that she will be home again, soon. All the best OG.

See a few of you have been entertaining family over the weekend, its always lovely to meet up and find out what one has been up to. Of course it can be exhausting but also fun and nescessary to maintain our family ties.

We went over to son's this afternoon for a couple of hours and met up with our step G-dau and family. It was lovely to see step GG-Dau again and how she has come on since last September. Lots of words coming out and some quite funny really. A delight to us all. Also managed to get the bedroom sorted ready for the delivery of my new bed in about 10 days time. Still have to sort OH's wardrobe out but that is going to take time.
    Have an apppt. at the hospital on Wed with the Heart Outpatients Dept, I think its referring to the falls I was having last Nov which was when I ended up in hospital for 5 days. Hopefully nothing untoward will be found. Also a diabetic eye test on Saturday which should reveal no diabetes present as the eye test with Specsavers said my eyes were clear. We will wait and see!!

Enough of my goings on, hope all of you are enjoying the spring weather before they say it is on the turn again.
  • DIANE - Thank you for passing on OG s message. I hope that she will get a diagnosis today and be able to return home as soon as possible.
  • Good Morning. Sun is just coming out here, so hopeful of another sunny day.

Lynette, I hope all goes well at your hospital appointment tomorrow. Nice to know that your new bed is on its way.

Quite concerned at OGs news: thank you to Diane for her passing on the message. Hopefully OG will soon be back home again.

We had a wonderful time with the family over the Easter weekend. Amber was inseparable from her beloved Bonnie, who was very patient with so much constant attention. We managed not to eat too many "naughty" sweet things in spite of the event, as we are all preparing for our holidays in the not too distant future. We had a good meal out on Sunday, having lunch at a local Italian restaurant, where most of our party had 3 courses, although Eldest son and I pulled out at the dessert stage.

• Amber insisted on wearing her current favourite outfit, a "Unicorn Princess" at the restaurant. We had a front window seat and so were able to enjoy the constant parade of dogs being walked by, of all kinds.

My OH and I had "dough petals " for our 1st course, which were a pizza dough layered with tomato & formed into shapes which we could dip into a flavoursome mayonnaise dip. Then my OH had a 3 meat lasagne, whilst I had a pea risotto,  beautifully creamy and decorated with whole peas and sliced green beans. My OH managed a naughty Tiramisu cheesecake dessert. Amber had a "make your own Pizza" which came as a kit which she could assemble & then send away to be cooked. It looked good!

• Easter Sunday was sunny, and her parents hid small chocolate treats & eggs in our garden for Amber to enjoy a treasure hunt.

• She had to go round twice to find them all!