Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 17 April 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone who is celebrating a holiday and/or visiting with family this weekend has a wonderful, meaningful time.

Sorry I haven’t posted replies this week. I’m up to my ears in paperwork (figuring taxes, arguing with an insurance company, etc.). Sigh.

Take care all and stay safe.

• Thank you for starting the week Diane. Happy Easter to everyone.
  • A belated Happy Easter to you all. I suddenly got a burst of energy and have been doing jobs in the garden before and after lunch which I ate outside watching the antics of the birds. As long as I didn’t move, they came pretty close.
    It’s lovely that so many of you are spending time with family. Enjoy all the various outings and activities.
    I know there is a chocolate Easter bunny for me at my sisters. They are out to lunch today but, with any luck, I should get it on Wednesday!!!
    LINDY - I hope the Easter egg hunt was a big success.
    HEATHER - I agree. A lovely gesture from the cleaners on the oil rig.
    DIANE - thanks for starting us off and very sorry about all the paperwork. Hope it is soon done and out of the way.
  • Yesterday I attacked the patch of spring stars (bulbs) in narrow part of front garden. Stupid things were so prolific that they had become “pot-bound”. I dug up clumps of bulbs with very little soil. I shall replant with a low & slow growing plant that has leaves in a variety of colours (don't know its name). Unfortunately I hurt my back trying to do too much, hence I have done nothing at all today. Back is fine if I don’t move . . .
  • A man walks into a flower shop "I'd like some flowers please."
    "Certainly, Sir. What did you have in mind?"
    He shrugs "Well I'm not sure, I uh, I uh, I uh . . . "
    "Perhaps I could help. What exactly have you done?"

• Good morning. I have been finishing off the gardening by cutting the edges - a job I hate. However, it was done in stages as people kept walking past and chatting which was lovely. Sorry about your back AQ. It is easy to get carried away when gardening isn’t it?
    Am invited for a country walk and evening meal with friends this afternoon so I am looking forward to that.
  • Hi, all. 

I have received a message from OG that she wanted me to pass along to all of you here on the Weekly Chat. 

She said:

"Everything has been alright, and I was going to go online over the weekend. I've ended up in hospital because I fell. I really don't know what’s wrong yet, and I don't know how long I'll be here. As you can imagine, I'm not very happy about it. I will try to be in touch when I can."

That was her exact message. I know we all send her our love, thoughts, and prayers. Sending strength to Eagle-Eye, too. 

Take care, everyone. 

• Oh Diane, I'm so sorry to hear about OG. Thank you for passing on the message. Indeed my thoughts and prayers are with both her and EE. I do hope she has not done too much damage and that she will be back home very soon.
  • Diane: Thanks for passing on the message from OG. I hope it's nothing serious. I know you'll keep us updated if you hear anything.
  • DIANE - thanks for passing on the message.
    Sending very best wishes to OG and EE.
  • Just popped in - our visitors went home today & I'm shattered. So sorry to hear about poor OG and hope not too much damage done.

Will post more about things in general & our weekend in particular, tomorrow.