Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 17 April 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone who is celebrating a holiday and/or visiting with family this weekend has a wonderful, meaningful time.

Sorry I haven’t posted replies this week. I’m up to my ears in paperwork (figuring taxes, arguing with an insurance company, etc.). Sigh.

Take care all and stay safe.

• Don't know how many attempts I have made to get on here over the last 2 or 3 days. Anyway I managed at last.

Thanks Diane for your news of OG. I have sent an Email to the family. What a time of it they have all had. Hope things take a turn for the better soon.
  • Lindybird Lovely photo of Amber. the Easter-egg hunt happened here with Ms. D

Busy here today... Take care all.
  • Still thinking of OG and hoping she is OK.
    LINDY - loved the photos of Amber. It sounds like you had a great weekend.
    I had a lovely 3 mile country walk with a friend this morning, We were on an officIal footpath but got blocked by a herd of bullocks walking towards us. We put our arms out and made ourselves as big as possible and walked slowly around them. We didn’t want to open the gate to the field in case they escaped so we climbed over it!!!! We found the woodland we were looking for where squill were growing, Very pretty. There were also bluebells, primroses, cowslips, and wood anemones. It was lovely. I was trying to identify as many birds as possible by their song but I am not all that good at it. It was lovely though.
  • AQ - how is the sore back?
    Quiet day here at home today and yesterday but had a lovely Sunday meal with the family. Not all of them but enough to have a jolly time !
    RUSTY - I hope that you enjoyed your evening with friends -
    LYNETTE - I had to get my stepson to sort out my OHs clothes, it was just too much for me to contemplate at the time.
    LINDY - Your weekend sounds lovely, thank you for the pics of Amber. I was hoping for similar from Shropshire but none forthcoming...
    Regards to everyone 

• Rusty, sounds like a really good walk - I love all the wildflowers, I used to be able to name most of them as we were brought up in the countryside. So pretty! Not very good at identifying the birds by their song, either, although I'd like to be able to. Can manage some but others are a mystery. Adore hearing them all chirp, though, especially the blackbird. Not so much a chirp as a melodious sound.

Good to hear that you are fine there, Annette - I hope you found your daughter much improved and now resolved to behave herself and not end up back in the hospital!

Hopefully OG is getting good help and will soon be home again. EE must be busy going to visit and also keep things ticking along at home. Not sure now which day the chairs were arriving.....

AQ - Perhaps you are resting your back today.  No more weeding for a bit.

• Annette: I noticed that you posted earlier today, so I assume that you're okay. You don't need to reply to this post and interrupt your family time. I know you're busy with them.

I was finishing my taxes yesterday, so I didn't hear about the Crooks Fire until just now. I looked at the map, and I think you and your family are on the other side of Prescott. I just wanted to wish you safety, and I hope the smoke isn't hampering your breathing. Please pay due attention to the Ready, Set, Go orders, my friend, and choose a safe route home.

• Lindybird - looks like Amber enjoyed her egg hunt

HeatherB - I fully understand where you are coming from, it is hard but there is so much to get rid of am thinking of contacting our local Salvation Army and Hope Centre to see if they require a load of men's clothing. Also he has a number of sporting biographys and crime novels that I could contact a local book shop to see if they want them. It all takes time.

Rusty2 - the squill does look pretty, .pleased you managed to avoid the bullocks.

Diane - yes, hope Annette doesn't have any problems with the fire. Keep safe.

All the best to OG.
  • Good Morning. Sunny start here, & my OH is already pinning stuff onto the washing line (where does it all come from?!)

My mother gave away a whole lot of my father's clothes when we had the funeral: she wanted some of the menfolk to have his best jackets, so they needed to try them on. Also, ironically, on the day he was taken ill, they had been out clothes shopping so she had some shirts still in their packaging and some brand new unworn shoes. Most of the rest went bagged up to the charity shop, of course.

Hope that we get good news of OG today.

AQ - Is your back still bothering you? Can you manage a hot bath?

Annette- Keep safe.