Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 27 March 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON!

I hope everyone has a healthy, peaceful week. 

The new moon is Friday, April 1--April Fool's Day. (I think it's just before midnight on March 31 for Annette.)

Lindy: I've enjoyed all of your beautiful flowers. No spring flowers blooming here on my patch yet. It snowed this morning! 

Take care and be safe, all. 

• Well, as Annette said, it's certainly been a discombobulating day!

When my OH finally got hold of his sister, it turned out that she had had her phone on "silent" since Sunday.....

He said goodbye to me before I even got out of bed, and drove over to Wales. Whilst he was gone, I took two different tests for the possibility of the virus, and neither of them gave a proper result. I tore my hair out and rang the dentist. They had a message on their number, saying that they would be contactable tomorrow, as closed today. <sigh> Bet the message is still on there in the morning!

I tried to get laundry on the line & then go shopping, as we are running out of everything. I was boxed in, in the car, in my own driveway, for 5 minutes by the binmen.  The alarm sounded on the car as I started her up, as we are low on petrol! . In the shop, I prayed I would not see anyone I knew, but then met a neighbour..... gossip ensued. At least my mask hid my teeth!

My OH came home after a 5 hour trip, and we had a banana sandwich for lunch. I told him that his sister had messaged me saying the problem has been solved by a member of staff. Later, we did another test together and they still don't perform properly - we now think they're getting rather old as we've had them since last year. I rang our Youngest and he says he's happy for us to visit, as its been a whole 2 weeks tomorrow since I first had a symptom. So now I'm packing the Easter eggs etc.

Now I just need a stiff drink and to get to bed so it will soon be tomorrow! (Edit - can't do with any more of today- ---)

• Lindybird: I'd make that two stiff drinks. But then a  phone on silent for almost a week?  Problem fixed by staff? Maybe make that three stiff drinks.

• Sorry I had a whinge..... at least I felt better for it.
  • Sorry   --- 

Edit -- even this came out twice!!

• Flowers in our garden to brighten us up.

• What an awful day, LINDY. I hope today will be better !
    Thanks to everyone for news , I won't attempt replies and will just start afresh tomorrow.
  • Oh dear LINDY what a nightmare. Saw you had lost a tooth. I went to the dentist a few weeks ago having made an appt for a filling though I was told I may need RCT. Came home minus a tooth so not happy.

Met up with my friend yesterday. I haven't seen her for about a month as both her daughter and OH have had covid. She now has a new prosthetic which she is much happier with although it doesn't flex the way the first one did. After a year in a wheelchair it will take a long time before she has the strength to walk any distance. Anyway it was nice to see her with 2 legs again, albeit still in her chair.