Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 27 March 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON!

I hope everyone has a healthy, peaceful week. 

The new moon is Friday, April 1--April Fool's Day. (I think it's just before midnight on March 31 for Annette.)

Lindy: I've enjoyed all of your beautiful flowers. No spring flowers blooming here on my patch yet. It snowed this morning! 

Take care and be safe, all. 

• Long time lurker here. Happy Birthday OG. Also good to hear from Limpy.
  • Wow!  Great to see Limpy on here, not to mention lurkers!  :-)

bjane:  See what happens?  OG disappears for a few days and we all miss your birthday.  :-(    Belated wishes from here.

OG:  Was going to click "Like" under your post but then read about 'dreadful' week. Hang on; it'll soon be 'last' week.

Off to eye doc for follow up appt....

• Reported today that police have arrested 3 men and released dozens of southern right whales being illegally farmed. They were held in ocean pens off Port Lincoln to supply the lucrative underground whale song market, worth several million dollars globally.

Happy April Fools Day Everyone.

• Belated Happy Birthday OG. Do hope you had a lovely day.

Hi Limpy , hope you and Clare are doing OK and that you are both as well as can be expected. Nice to hear from you.
  • My, my, Pat O, you did get around with friend. Hope she enjoyed visiting all those places as much as you did. Good for you keeping with a traditional dish instead of all this new fangled food, doesn't really appeal to me. Look at me spouting on, seriously, I'm sure friend enjoyed herself. See you lived in quite a few houses. Nice to go back and visit old haunts - that's one of my wishes to go back to a place where I had many a happy family holiday, just got to persuade my dau to take me at some time in the future.
  • Hi to Sheila, and to Limpy!! Nice to hear from you.

I seem to be all at sixes and sevens. Looking back, I thought I had messaged Annette and congrats on getting her second eye done successfully. Great news, hope all heals up well.

We've had a muddled day again: my OH enjoyed a short game of golf, with others who have also Had the Virus - we now seem to know more people who've had it, than haven't. Everyone agrees that its very irritating to think that we've caught it after spending g 2 years trying to avoid it.

Sue is having problems in Wales and now my OH is threatening to drive over there to sort it out..... ( she drove over there today to take over from us and have a few blissfully quiet days reading)

He is irritated with me as I'm still awake - my body clock is still on the Old Time ggrrr.

I'm upset also as tonight I lost another tooth, so a visit to the dentist is now very urgent. How many more bits of me are going to fall off??

• Good Lord Lindybird, sounds all very discombobulating.  Hasn't Sue had problems there before or am I confused?  I hope your OH doesn't have to go sort it out....    Tooth problem sounds like cars - you fix one thing and the next piece down the line goes wrong.  Hope you can get in to see the dentist soon.  

• LIMPY: So nice to see you. Best wishes to you and to Clare!

SHEILA: Wonderful to see you, too. Hope all is well. 

RUSTY: Welcome to you, too! 

BJANE: Happy belated birthday to you!!! Hope you had a good day. 

ANNETTE: Hope your eyes heal quickly, and your vision is much improved. 

LINDY: Sorry you're having a hard time, especially losing the tooth. I hope you'll be feeling better and more well-rested soon. Sending you good energy.

• Good Morning. Sun is once again shining here, but it's very cold also, too. Let's hope its the last cold snap of this year.

I feel much better after having had a fortnight with the virus: hoping there will be no long term effects. I'm going to take a test shortly as tomorrow we're hoping to get down to the Midlands to see our Youngest and family. Not seen them since just after Christmas.

Then I'll be trying to get hold of our dentist to see if I can see him before my appointment which is 21st April. I'm having to be very glad it's still possible to be wearing a mask, without looking strange!

My OH is at this moment trying to get his sister on the phone as he's dead set on driving over to sort out her problems. She will no doubt protest as its over 2 hours each way, but needs must. Will have to wait and see.

None of these things are much compared with what people are going through in Ukraine so we must keep it in proportion. Its been humbling to see the people in the UK who are generously opening up their homes to refugees.

• Sorry we missed your birthday, bjane: I hope you had some little treats and a pleasant time.

OG and EE - I hope things are going better this week, now, after having a bad experience recently.