Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 27 March 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON!

I hope everyone has a healthy, peaceful week. 

The new moon is Friday, April 1--April Fool's Day. (I think it's just before midnight on March 31 for Annette.)

Lindy: I've enjoyed all of your beautiful flowers. No spring flowers blooming here on my patch yet. It snowed this morning! 

Take care and be safe, all. 

• Gosh, don't know why they came out huge .....
  • Lots of cute twin lambs with their mums, in the fields around here.

• Well, we know the Danes are in town so Heather is busy.  Also, that OG has been feeling  out of sorts, but hope that won't last too long.   But AQ wasn't here last night; hope all is well with her brood.   Meanwhile, take care everyone!

• Annette: All okay here. My Dad's cousin passed away a while back (at 93). She made me the beneficiary of her life insurance policy from her job. It's not a big amount of money, but it will help with replacing my car. Unfortunately, everything in America that involves an insurance company or the government is a bureaucratic nightmare. I've been jumping through hoops trying to verify my identity, submit a multitude of forms, and make the state give me the correct death certificate to satisfy the insurance company. Right now, I only speak profanity. I'm pretty much walking around with a blue haze of sweary words surrounding me. I've used up all the cuss words I know, so I'm making up new ones. LOL

Take care, all, and stay safe.

• Yestermorn I asked OH how he was feeling. A favourable reply, so I asked did he want to go out to lunch. “Where?” “Not telling or you'll say No.” He says No with a grin, and agrees.
    I took him to a cafe that my friends & I have visited. Being Monday it was not busy. Of course he couldn't decide what to have - pasta, pizza, risotto, mains, foccacia. . . I suggested calzone which he used to like. He can't remember what it is. I ordered it for him anyway. Ginormous but he finished it and enjoyed it. He spent the afternoon snoozing. I can’t eat big lunches & should have abandoned my foccacia sooner.

ANNETTE – Some days I shall be a lurker!

• AQ: I've meant to say that I've enjoyed very much your daily uplifting quotes. Thank you. I know your life is demanding now, so I'm glad you will only post when you are feeling up to it. Glad you enjoyed your lunch out. 

• Thank you DIANE and HEATHER . . . and ALL OTHERS whom I failed to acknowledge.
  • Good Morning. Misty again here. We knew the weather was going to break up so no surprise- just glad we managed to have some sunshine in the last days. I think it's done my OH good and he looks brighter now.

AQ - Nice that you got out for lunch. Hugs from here.

It's my OHs birthday today - he's not excited nor best pleased as the years pile on. He only has one card on the mantlepiece, from me, as of course any others will be on the mat at home. However, I'm hoping that we can celebrate in some way, today, before going home tomorrow.
  • Lindy - Perhaps you should stay put for another couple of days. Apparently you are going to have the best of the weather at least for tomorrow ... Hope you are feeling better today, and glad to hear your OH is well on the mend. How lovely to have such a pleasant place to recuperate.

Diane - I can never understand why it takes so many forms and time to execute a will, particularly if it's quite straightforward. Sometimes sweary words are the only appropriate ones - my mother, who never swore, had a favourite - 'Oh-bother-blow-hang-dash!' If said with enough vehemence, it does help. 'Hollyhocks' was another family favourite. Whatever works! Hope you can get your new car soon.

Heather - hope you are enjoying time with your Danish friends.

Everyone else - I have read everything, honestly. Sorry - a very hectic period (when isn't it?!?!?) but thinking about you all.