Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 27 March 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON!

I hope everyone has a healthy, peaceful week. 

The new moon is Friday, April 1--April Fool's Day. (I think it's just before midnight on March 31 for Annette.)

Lindy: I've enjoyed all of your beautiful flowers. No spring flowers blooming here on my patch yet. It snowed this morning! 

Take care and be safe, all. 

• I hope OG has a better day today. I presume you've tried a pain relief clinic, if they have them there.
  • Hello all, well we have had a few lovely days of sunshine but unfortunately the weather is turning, never mind , we have Easter to look forward to.

Happy Mothers Day to all who are mums, I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for my mum. Went out with Dau, her treat, today to an Italian restaurant and enjoyed a pasta and tirimisu lunch with wine. Can't be bad being spoiled 2 weeks in a row. Last week was with son and d-in-law as said previously because they are away in Devon this week.

Well , have someone coming to survey the conservatory roof tomorrow and hopefully it will go ahead with insulating it.
    Also have the contractor turning up this week sometime to build us a patio and pathway so that Dau and I can make the most of the garden - just need new planting in place afterwards by my gardner and all set , hopefully, to enjoy the sunshine when its around.

Take care all.
  • Hi all:

Lynette: I noticed your weather was going to turn really cold and was thinking how it would affect all those lovely spring flowers we've seen on the site.

Found a pretty little blue egg with brown speckles in the fountain yesterday. Maybe a Northern Mockingbird? I assume somebody stole it and then got careless....

I'm indulging in some real masochism right now; watching the Academy Awards 'red carpet' segment where a hostess just introduced two individuals as "up and coming celebrities," so we can see where this evening is going.... More than a few of the women attendees seem to be missing the fronts of their dresses..... Oh for the days when they had witty hosts and real stars... :-)
  • Annette - I'm here - just got in from work. Nothing of any interest to report though. My lip is healing nicely stitches are disolving just a couple left now.

Looking at my diary - I have non stop visitors/visiting for every weekend in April - I will need to retire to get time to myself.!

I hope others are having a more interesting time that me!

Have a good week all

• Harelady - Don't think you will have more time when you get around to retiring. I am busier now than ever I was when I was working! I keep thinking I really should try to give myself some spare time - but I enjoy everything I do, and would be hard pushed to give anything up!
  • Hello, sorry, it's been a funny day today. I woke up late as my brain hates the hour change, then realised that I had a strange head full of rubbish still, which was making me deaf and uncomfortable. I improved as the day went on, but am disappointed as I thought I was improving day by day now. :-(

We decided to head out to the big beach at Black Rock and found it pretty deserted compared to busy summertime- pics to follow. This afternoon we sat in the sun, but by late afternoon the mist came in from the sea and covered us all in dampness. I guess that's the end of the good weather as rain is predicted by Wednesdsy, when we are going to head home anyway.

Harelady - Great that your mouth is now healing up well.

I hope OG has had a good day.

• Annette - I used to watch The Oscars avidly as I love a good film. But this enthusiasm faded a couple of years ago. The dresses and gowns used to be fun and glamorous, but now it just seems as if they want to shock and get themselves on the front of the newspapers. As you say, they wear less and less!

The comperes only seem to be nasty about everyone - maybe its because humour is so difficult nowadays with lots of subjects off limits.

There seems to be something which grabs the headlines every year which is nothing to do with the films themselves. Perhaps The Oscars have had their day, now.