FOULSHAW MOSS, & ALL LAKE DISTRICT NEST OBSERVATIONS 2022

• In reply to patily:

It's good to see you back here doing justice to this nest, PATILY, which I never do

A few fish to show all's well:

YESTERDAY 28 JULY

Not a flounder but a whole trout(?) - there is a camouflaged juvie waiting to receive:

Super whole flounder - except we know how much effort they take to eat - the receiving juve spent a long time on it then another took over and eventually flew off with it!

29 July

Another whole flounder:

This fish seemed to be mostly front-end skin dangling off the meaty rear half:

IMAGICAT | LG DAILY OBS

• A single juvie on the nest shouting for breakfast on a nice sunny morning
  • In reply to patily:

Completely out of control today - I got 38h20m uninterrupted, the downloader had stopped counting @ 23h59m

I can't tell if Mum is still here but Dad has been delivering faithfully and there are definitely still 3 juvies around.

Breakfish:

Late tea:

Early supper:

IMAGICAT | LG DAILY OBS

• A single chick standing quietly on the nest looking in the NW direction Perhaps they are hoping dad will bring a late supper
  • 2 beautiful juvies on the nest being buffeted by strong wings It is plain what they are waiting for
  • 2 beautiful juvies on the nest being buffeted by strong wings It is plain what they are waiting for
  • Much the same scenaro as I saw yesterday except one on the nest and one on the perch.....too far away to see ring numbers I wonder if mum has left?