FOULSHAW MOSS, & ALL LAKE DISTRICT NEST OBSERVATIONS 2022

Link to March 2021 to end Feb 2022

THIS THREAD IS FOR THE SCREENSHOTS & INFO FROM FOULSHAW MOSS WEBCAM AND ANY UPDATES FROM ROUDSEA OSPREY PROJECT/ESTHWAITE OSPREY SAFARI.

Foulshaw Moss: Last season, both arrived back on 26th March

Female Blue 35 - Hatched 2010 - Kielder 1 nest 

Male White YW - Hatched 2008 - Bassenthwaite 

Link to the live streaming page  >>>

Cumbria Wildlife Trust Osprey Webcam

• Thanks, Sandra, fingers crossed for this season.
  • Thank you for new thread , this is the message from Foulshaw re webcam
    Good morning everybody! Welcome back for another #FoulshawOspreys season :) :) :) Thanks for your patience, I can see some of you asked over the weekend. The cams should be on tomorrow, we're just in testing stage now.

We’ll be continuing with our popular livestream via the two cameras with sound and night vision, and looking forward to using a P3807-PVE network camera kindly donated by Axis this year too. It will enable us to capture a full 180-degree view from the birds’ nest to the roosting tree so you should be able to interact with the nest view yourselves. We look forward to seeing the spectacular video we’ll be able to capture when the birds return, and to continuing to work closely with Axis on this exciting project.

Follow our social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) using #FoulshawOspreys for the latest conversations and updates.

Thanks to you all for your continued support and for caring about these magnificent birds and other wildlife. Let's hope for Blue 35 and White YW's safe return their summer home very soon.

Mary & the rest of Cumbria Wildlife Trust team
  • Thank you Valerie for posting the notice from Foulshaw. It's a lovely nest to follow,
  •  Thank you for that update, VALERIE.

Valerie D said:
    looking forward to using a P3807-PVE network camera kindly donated by Axis this year too. It will enable us to capture a full 180-degree view from the birds’ nest to the roosting tree so you should be able to interact with the nest view yourselves.

Wow!  IIRC Dunedin (?) had a cam like that years ago - they might still have it but I don't cover it any more.  I found it problematic when users mischievously or accidentally left it skew-whiffedly aimed Grin

• Thanks Sandra for the new thread.   Looking forward to a safe arrival of Blue 35 and White YW 

• Foulshaw Moss is now live! The same 2 Cam views as last year but with the addition of the new 180 degree cam - fun to use let's hope it lasts the season!
    One of the best features however is the ability to rewind the 180 cam - this is a great improvement on last year.

• Valerie, it appears that only the 180 degree cam is on Youtube and not the static cams. But it's a step in the right direction!
  • Its great Janni - up down left right - fun playing with it !!!! so pleased they are on YouTube !!! finally
  • Shock-horror!  It's not on their Channel page Astonished   I've added it to the list nevertheless.