Technical test thread 2011-forever

I thought I might bump up this thread which goes back to 2011 (it's been bumped before) and was started by the wonderful Tiger

It contains all sorts of useful info on technical problems, handy hints for inserting photos and links and, latterly, the fact that we seem to get 'notifications' that we can't get rid of (I'm up to 6).

If nothing else, another trip down memory lane.

• I can see now how people can get carried away with upping and downing battles in true Social Meejah spirit

No more scylla!!! The 'likes' are back across the board. Kylie has really been listening to us!!

• Not here, Korky - and I've cleared me cache even!

IMAGICAT

• I can see that the down arrow for dislike presumably has disappeared but the word 'like' still only seen following first post of any thread

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• the word 'like' still only seen following first post of any thread

Yes, but I've since noticed that when you hover over the up arrow it says "Like".

IMAGICAT

• Aha!  Don't get that option on tablet!

Did notice, on laptop, that hovering over 'x minutes ago' gives an exact time like we're used to seeing!  Again, not on tablet!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Help!  I don't do anything 'technical', but I used to add pics, and links to other docs, vids, etc.

It used to be under 'insert'.  Insert used to give the option, among others, or inserting picture or url link.  I can't see that now but I assume it is there somewhere.  Dragging and dropping never worked for me, or was out of my thought!  I tried to add a link to Tim Mackrill's recent webinar/zoom talk.  It added a picture which you could open instead of a 'smart' link.

I used the  older version of Snip which was fine, but the new version is so fiddly.  I am sure I will get used to it in time, but the old brain really doesn't like change, LOL.  So basically any help with inserting pics and links would be gratefully received!

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• All the Rich Formatting options are at the bottom of the Reply box, instead of at the top,  

I'm pretty sure you can install the old Snipping Tool, but it would be simpler to  use Greenshot - I can tell you the set-ups so that snapping is very, very quick and easy.

Greenshot download.

Before or after installing it, go to Win11 Settings - Accessibility>Keyboard and disable "Use print screen key to activate Snipping Tool" (or some such words).

Then you're ready to set yourself up under my expert guidance - remembering how well I guided you with Tables... not! Stuck out tongue winking eye

I promise you that you won't look back after Greenshot - for simple screenshots of any area of your screen, instant save to preselected folder of choice.

Greenshot set-up

IMAGICAT

• Wendy and scylla, well I must be very special because I can like all posts regardless of orderGrin

• Nor here Korky  -  I wish, plus how about a  way to back track pages (or have I missed the button/whatever)

ok ok , so I've found the hovering tuns the chevron into 'like' but will it stay 'liked'

• so I've found the hovering tuns the chevron into 'like' but will it stay 'liked

as long as you click it... 

also you can check by clciking the number of likes, this shows youand who else likes it