Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 20 March 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY MARCH EQUINOX!

The equinox is Sunday, March 20.

I wish all of you and your families health, strength, and a joyful spring (autumn for AQ). Stay safe, friends. 

Photo: Marsh Marigold Wildflowers
Shenandoah National Park, US National Park Service
Photo labeled "Public Domain" (copyright free)

• Good afternoon from Sunny Suffolk. I got back from my Sister in Essex about 2 hours ago. I had my lip op in a Nuffield hospital in Brentwood Essex so it made sense to stay with her.

Apart from the discomfort of the injections - 4  and the stiches also 4 it all seems to be good. The offending lump has gone off to be analysed and I have a follow up telephone appontment.

The visit from Son & family was good with lots of sunshine but a bitter easterly wind - we still made it to the beach but no paddling.

I am back at work tomorrow with a weekend free before I am back in Essex on the 2nd for my Sisters and husband 60th Wedding Anniversary do.

Diane - I used to suffer night terrors 20 odd years ago when I was in a very stressful job and also had family issues to deal with. But they appear to have returned - hopefully things will settle down soon.

I an sympathise with Clare and Limpy - the world right now is very depressing and can really get to you. I hope their love of nature and birds help to get thet out and about again.

I hope all with covid and other ailments return to full health soon and do have a good weeks all.

• Glad to hear all went well, Harelady. Sorry you have to return to work so soon & can't have a little time off after your op. I hope it heals up fast- things in your mouth usually do.

It's been pleasant here, weather wise, and my OH has pottered, mowing the lawn and wielding the hoover. (My phone just wrote "mixing the lawn" which gives me a vision of dear Mary Berry stirring a huge pot of something green.)

I've just sat around, too weary even to read except in fits and starts. I did ring one of our more vulnerable neighbours to warn her that we are infectious, & to ask about the lady up the road with the house for sale. She said that the lady in question is now residing with her sister, but that rumour has it that the house is now for sale in order to pay for care home fees. Poor woman had no children or anyone else to care about her except this sister, about whom she told me once "We spend 3 days together at Christmas but agree that it's all we can do without a disagreement!"
  • For those amongst us who lay awake in the small hours, thinking about things we shouldn't have said or done 50 years ago ..

• Harelady - good to hear that op went off ok. Hope you are not feeling too sore but they do say that healing in the mouth can be quite quick. Hope results are favourable for you.

That will be nice to go and celebrate your Sister's 60th WA. Unfortunately I lost my OH at the beginning of the year but at least we had 53 years together.
  • Pat O: I so hope your sister will be free from the virus. Such a worry for you. I also hope your niece will be okay. I, too, am staying away from people except to shop for food.
  • For all those who are unwell, have woes or worries about family

• Just a thought

When we have graciously endured every adversity, we become like a shining diamond. (Lailah Gifty Akita)

• Good Morning. Sunny here again, what a joy. All our neighbours blossom trees are colourful now, and it's really springlike.

Not too bad a night for my OH and I. We take turns coughing! Both woke with the dawn chorus but lay for a while before stirring ourselves. My OHs birthday present (for next week) arrived yesterday- a new workbench which hopefully will help when he does home decorating, as I can see it will still be a while before he gives in and pays someone to do it. It's strong enough to stand on and replaces needing a pair of steps for the job. Sometime we will have to refresh our downstairs rooms but think we'll put that off until winter, now.
  • AQ - I see you posted while I was writing- thank you for the cheery message!
  • Hello all
    I'm just chasing dust bunnies that I didn't know about, my visitors arrive on Saturday.
    The garden girls came yesterday, they work so quickly. The Spring tidy up would have taken me many more hours to do. No, it doesn't look the same as when OH and I used to look after the garden, but whereas we used to work outside for many hours to get everything looking good, when you are paying by the hour, things are a bit different. My OH was a perfectionist when it came to his garden....
    Grandson Callum has now got Covid but I am still testing -ve. He was here on Saturday to clean his car. I didn't see much of him and kept my distance when I did !

I received the invitation for the fourth vaccination, the other day. I think it's in the first week of April and unlike the previous ones, it's in in a unit in our local town shopping mall.