Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 20 March 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY MARCH EQUINOX!

The equinox is Sunday, March 20.

I wish all of you and your families health, strength, and a joyful spring (autumn for AQ). Stay safe, friends. 

Photo: Marsh Marigold Wildflowers
Shenandoah National Park, US National Park Service
Photo labeled "Public Domain" (copyright free)

• The garden pots do pile up, don't they, OG. We try to recycle ours, too. Glad you managed some time in the garden.

Horrified to hear yesterday that a part of Cheshire, called The Wirral, which is a SSI (Site of Scientific Interest) was set on fire by teenagers, and it has destroyed the habitat for many nesting birds :-(

• Just looked out of our window in vain: last night at this time, we were seeing a very orange orb in the sky, as the moon was a strange colour. However, I couldn't take a picture of it with my phone. Frustrating.
  • A state election last weekend and a new broom who intended to remove covid restrictions. Ha, until the covid committee told him the facts of life. A week ago we had 2,000 new cases a day; by April they expect 8,000 a day. Not great numbers compared to you but ‘tis high for our small population. Too many out celebrating festivals, ignoring masks, distancing & that boring stuff. As for bus trips, I am missing all the autumn ones and now pinning my hopes on September. <sigh>

My crocus. Some colour in the garden at last.

• Just a thought

Imagination is the eye of the soul. (Joseph Joubert)

• Love your pretty crocus, AQ!!

Good Morning. The figures of infection are creeping up here, too. Although thankfully there are less people in hospitals & less in intensive care, now, thanks to the jabs. People seem to think Its All Over and I noticed far less people mask wearing when I went out last. Ho hum. We know of several young people in my OHs wider family who have gone down with it.

Thank goodness for our freezer, which I've kept well stocked up since the beginning of this pandemic.
  • Lindy: I'm so very sorry that you, too, have contracted the virus. I hope you'll feel100% soon. Be good to yourself. Don't try to do too much. Let yourself rest.
  • Heather: I was sorry to read that COVID is further spreading in your family. Hope all will be okay. 

Pat O: I hope you've managed to remain clear of the virus after attending the funeral. I'd forgotten that you also listen to the BBC World Service. My NPR (National Public Radio) station switches to the World Service at 11:00 p.m. my time and plays all night here. Then, NPR resumes at 5:00 a.m. I seem to be a night owl right now, so I've heard all the BBC's war coverage for the last week.

Harelady: Oh, that's right. You're also a World Service devotee. I'm so sorry that you experience night terrors. At one point in my life, I also had them a few times. They're very upsetting, and I hate it that you've been having them on an ongoing basis. I hope you enjoyed your family visit. I also hope the lip surgery went smoothly and wasn't too painful.

Annette: I'm glad your daughter has returned home now. I hope the fracture wasn't too bad and she's recovering.

AQ: I'm so sorry that you're missing out on the autumn bus trips. Hope your temps ebb off soon.

OG: I do hope your new chairs arrive on time and will help with your condition. 

• LINDA - I saw footage of the fire on the Wirral marshes - such a huge area affected. Hope you are both feeling better as the days go on.

AQ - pretty crocus blooms. Our spring flowers are holding their colour for a long time this year due to freaky weather. A few are now crawling out through the soil where those so-called gardeners buried them - still hope OH can salvage that area, but not a priority for his time.

HARELADY - I hope you are recovering well and not too uncomfortable with your lip.

J has gone for his walk - one of the local principal teachers told him they can't bring new people into school due to the high numbers of covid cases - and I see on the news that there is more home-schooling around Scotland again due to teachers off with the virus.

OH is gardening again this morning. Very pleased with yesterday's mowing, but needs to tidy up with the strimmer. Today he is trying to make sense of the new shrub border where veg used to be. Need another three weeks of this weather to catch up!
  • Diane - Thank you ... I'm fine so far. Hopefully beyond the danger time now. Sadly, my niece has gone down with Covid - tested positive yesterday. She visited my sister (her mother) on Sunday but they weren't in close contact for very long. My sister was told right at the start o the pandemic that if she caught Covid she would almost certainly not survive - so we are all holding our breath. It most certainly has not gone away, and so many people are behaving in a very complacent way. I'm staying away from people as much as possible..
  • Lindybird - hope you can make it to Wales to recuperate. Hope OH is recovering now and it won't be long before you are feeling much better.

OG - pleased to hear that you managed to get out into the garden. Have my gardener coming over around teatime to look at ideas I have and what they can do for me. Paid off the tree felling firm - did a good job taking down the connifers - has let in the light more in the garden. Now all I would like is a bamboo hedge and some pleasant planting with a paved seating area. It will happen but not sure when.

Went for a further blood test today re possible diabetes plus had to see doctor re a followup test from Feb. Not sure what it meant but saw a doctor in training and she was very thorough - before I left she said she would check with someone in case she had missed anything. Mystery solved why I had to see one - apparently it was to see whether fluid on the lung was present - passed. Found out that that was the problem in November last and not a carbon dioxide build up . At least I'm aware now of what they are looking for. Still have to keep appointment with the Heart Centre Outpatients Dept in April.