LOCH GARTEN - MARCH / APRIL 2022

All quiet on the Osprey front but all delighted to be able to watch the NEW nest on the NEW cam. Thanks to all for the hard work erecting / installing both. You derserve a sucessful breeding pair this year for your efforts.

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• I've deleted all mine but have screenshot from a video (Scylla I think from 2021)  not a lot of use but....

• I have trolled through the May 21 LG thread, picked and resized some photos of Mistle. What do you think, could our visitor be her?

Edit, on looking at today's video and these photos, the speckled chest, darker wings, the dark brown band over the eyes, the white on the sides of the head, the dark on top of the head, seem to match but maybe I am making them match!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Mike B said:

Could this be the one known as Mistle from last year?

Has anyone got any comparison shots? This one details the underwing.

The head markings are more reliable for identification than underwing.

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• If you look at the head markings at 58 secs on Mary's video and compare them with the markings in the second of Catlady's pictures there is a distinctive row of brown 'dots' on the crown that stand out against the white crown that appear in both. To me, this is the same bird. Scientists see Bretagnolle et al, Journal of Wildlife Managerment 58(1)  175 - 178.

• Some head shots from the video today

The clip at 58 seconds from Mary's video

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• I'd love to think it was Mistle.

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• I will argue till the cows come home it was. Look at those dots on the crown!

• I'll go with Mistle! But I need to see ANOTHER osprey.
    Now. Male, PLEASE. Season is moving along!

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• CRinger said:
    If you look at the head markings at 58 secs on Mary's video

I didn't even see that MARY had done a video - here I go again, duplicating others' hard work, it's not as if there was anything extra to add like there is sometimes when I'm checking later.

Very sorry, MARY Cry

IMAGICAT

• I think we've "only" got snaps of the mid-afternoon visit (and I agree that it's probably Mistle, that's one of the things I forgot to say) so here the unshortened movie - she didn't look purposeless when she flew off:

We also had Crossbills and Siskin, I think - but the little birds may have to fall by the wayside from now on - one is not keeping up, in more ways than one!

Also, I am not being appreciated - not a single soul (no names mentioned) has applauded my lovely Stonechat audio - no, it's too late now, the damage is done Tired face

IMAGICAT