Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 13 March 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week! 

I walked to my small town yesterday to visit the post office and the grocery store. At the top of the hill, I looked up to see R.T. Hawk's mate circling above me. I was glad to see that she made it through the long winter and looks well.

Spring isn't here yet. When I woke up this morning, the temperature was 12F; that's 11 below zero C. The "feels like" temp (wind chill) was 4 below zero F; that's 20 below zero C. In defiance, though, the trees on my patch are budding out.

Take care, all.

• HAPPY BIRTHDAY to EE! We all feel we know you well, now! Enjoy your meal out.
  • Happy birthday, EE. Hope you enjoy a meal you haven't had to make yourself.
  • A bright sunny morning here, which is cheering.

My OH had a not bad night, where he woke a few times but didn't cough too much. I still feel slightly headachy, so not sure whether to take a test myself. We are isolating ourselves, anyway. I am, in fact, rather grumpy and cross as I feel that my OH took an unnecessary risk in attending an event and thereby putting us both in harms way, after being very careful for over 2 years. I did not tell him not to go, but he had my example and reasons for not going there, myself.

Many messages from concerned relatives, some with advice as they have already suffered.

Thank you All for the hugs!!
  • Love it, Lindy. Thank you for today's smile. Happy St Patrick's Day, everyone :)
  • ANNETTE - I keep wondering how your daughter is getting on....
  • Happy and somewhat Belated Birthday EE!

And Happy St. Paddy's Day all (again rather late in the day....)

It's Ms. D's birthday today too.  She and her Mom have gone zip-lining at the Out of Africa Wildlife Park in Cottonwood, Arizona.  The big party was in a local park last Sunday.

Heather:  Daughter home again Saturday.  We are going to tie her down so she doesn't do any more damage. :-)

AQ:  I've often said that it's either clean the house or move out....

Lindybird:  I can sympathize with your frustration given your apprehensions about that event....

Off to conquer the world - oh sorry, Putin has already grabbed that job....

• I'm sure he's due for redundancy soon, Annette - and you would make a far better job of it!
  • How lovely to pop in here in the first time for YEARS and see all the same people! It wouldn't let me in for a while and I drifted off to FB, where I still see some of you, but it's let me in now. I came because of the new nest and camera.