Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 6 February 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a joyful, safe week. 

If anyone wants to play Wordle more than once a day, you can play for free HERE at Wordle Unlimited. I've been playing on this site and haven't had any trouble. It was recommended by Forbes Magazine (a reputable website).

• Just a thought

Just disconnect. Once in a day sometime, sit silently and from all connections disconnect yourself. (Yoda)

• A dull, grey day here again, but never mind, I'll be too busy to look out of the window. Off to hairdressers again (where did that 5 weeks go?) and half heartedly preparing for Eldests visit, as they seem unsure whether they will be coming at the weekend: Amber is not badly affected by her positive test for the virus and they're all going to test themselves today to decide what to do. I don't really want them to come, but feel I can't put them off if they want to go ahead. <shrug>

Lynette, your holiday plans sound ideal. Llandudno is still a delightful place and I've been visiting it on & off since the 60s, when we lived in Liverpool and it was only a day trip away.

AQ - How annoying to be awoken. A couple of days ago a salesman woke me when I had only just shut my eyes in the afternoon, and needless to say, I didn't get off for a nod at all after that. We have a notice by the door saying we don't speak to salesmen, but they often ignore it.
  • Lindy - So sorry your outlook is grey this morning. We have had bright sunshine, completely against the forecast! As I walked across the courtyard this morning there was a robin sitting on top of the television aerial singing his little heart out, and silhouetted against a cloudless blue sky. Wonderful! Getting a bit more cloudy now, but still plenty of blue around.

I can understand your concern about the family coming to stay when Amber has so recently tested positive. Hopefully all will go well and you will be able to enjoy your time together.

AQ - disconnect ... if only! I had promised myself a 'free weekend' last weekend. Did it work? NO! If only I could ignore e-mails and a constant To Do list ... but then I think that if I ignore e-mails even for one day I'll have twice as many to deal with the next day. As I get around 50 a day, almost all of which need some action, that thought is not conducive to disconnecting. But it's something I would really like to do, preferably before those few moments between getting into bed at night and falling into an exhausted sleep! Which might last a couple of hours, if I'm lucky ... not really moaning! I need to remember that robin!!
  • HEATHER – sorry to read of your Daughter’s distress – and Amy too. I hadn’t realise they were actually engaged in correspondence with the troublesome neighbour. They do need to move – and the sooner the better.

LYNETTE – good to see you making plans for the summer – and some happy memories.

ANNETTE – coincidence that the nice ex is visiting on Valentine’s Day – or do you suspect romantic intentions?

AQ – no expectations for improved mobility in summer – weather doesn’t make much difference – but still not giving up hope (well, sometimes on a really painful day …)

LINDA – I hope family decision re visit will be acceptable.

We were alerted to a card scam scare yesterday. OH was quite panicked; whilst running round like the proverbial headless chicken, he “lost” his actual card by dropping it in a room he didn’t know he had been in! I was no help to anyone and in the end, J sorted it all out with no eventual loss.

OH has an appointment at the tip this afternoon – at last goodbye to the old garden gate, and other accumulated recycling. Otherwise, a quiet day, with sunshine so far. Birds and mice are very contented.
  • Pat - Love the sound of your robin, singing away. I feed our garden birds every day, and "my" Robin now comes down, 9 times out of 10, to put his head on one side and look at me as I fill up the feeders. I must get my camera out!

OG -- You all sound busy. Sorry to hear you've been worried about scams; there are so many wicked things going around now. I'm extra careful about just about every message or phone call we receive.

Amber is still testing positive, but "with a very faint line" so may be less infectious now. Eldest is going to test her again tomorrow morning & fingers crossed she can return to school on Friday, and then they can all come here on Saturday.
  • ROBIN RED BREAST

I bend, and fill the feeders - then
    As if the sound of soft angels come, I hear your wings.
    I lift my head slowly to see you, standing on the soil, your
    Head tilted, as you watch my hands.

You show no fear. Your bright eye seems
    Somehow deeply wise and knowing. I breathe out carefully.
    Although you are so tiny, fragile and delicate,
    I seem to be in the presence of greatness.

Nature, close to me and powerfully strong, in such a small and ordinary form. I'm left humbled and grateful.

• Lindybird:  Lovely!  I imagine Diane has the same feeling when RTHawk stops by her house...  Fingers crossed Amber will be negative in time for visit.

OG:  Re GD's ex-before-last ex visit, time will tell as it usually does.  :-)    Hope today was calmer than yesterday.

• HEATHER – Is it possible or convenient for Dau to move? Are there any mediation services at local Council for such disputes?

LINDA – Once upon a time I had a note by our door saying no collectors or salesmen. Someone took offence and smashed our outside light! Luckily we had a spare as OH had never installed the 2nd one by the garage. Please please keep your distance from Amber. If she has Omicron, it is so infectious.

Oh PAT! I grumble if I get half a dozen emails a day. Mostly from stores that remind me of the wonderful things I could buy. Except I don’t need all that much stuff.

OG – “OH has an appointment at the tip this afternoon”. Thank goodness I read on quickly. You had me worried that it was he to be disposed of! LOL

I spent time after breakfast, sitting and chatting about nothing much with lonely OH. 1½ hours later I started on day’s chores while he went off to potter in garden. He needs to get out more but has no hobbies, no friends, is scared to catch covid (booster jab due in 3 weeks). I discovered we have a vacuum cleaner <grin>.

• When I eventually met Mr. Right I had no idea that his first name was Always. (Rita Rudner)

What do you give a man who has everything? A woman to show him how to work it.

I am a grumpy old man. I do what I want when I want where I want! Except I gotta ask my wife. One sec. (t shirt message)

• AQ: Do hope you can convince your OH to find something to occupy his time. I don't think men are very good at self-care; it can make it difficult for their partners...