Poole Harbour Ospreys 2022

Start of a new year so start of a new thread. 

I have changed the title slightly.

It could be a momentous year when, hopefully, our resident Ospreys return.

For the 2021 thread click HERE

• Oh, Scylla, little Finchie just could not make up its mind and seems to have been spoilt for choice! Really made me laugh. Corvid was entertaining, too--thanks. And right or wrong, please do not eat you trackball--probably would end up very expensive in regard to the teeth department, not to mention likely to be painful! Don't waste your fortune on the dentist...save it for more tech.
  • 28 March

I had great hopes for this cambump, but was let down:

There a nice clear view of the Greenfinch on the nest from 35 seconds until it's back on the perch:

• Blue 8C, Glaslyn offspring, arrived on the nest at Poole around 0930.

• Mike B said:
    Blue 8C, Glaslyn offspring, arrived on the nest at Poole around 0930

Thank you, Mike !!!  I don't think I go back far enough for 8C, what year was she?  Nice looking, IMHO.

All too short a visit this morning, only 10 minutes - I wonder where she's off to?

• What wonderful news.  Blue 8C(14) f

According to my notes, which may or may not be correct!

Parents:  Mrs G and Orange 11(98)m at Glaslyn

Siblings:  7C and 9C  

2017 Oct - seen Popenguine, Senegal  

2019 seen 31 March Moortown Ringood, Hants,  and seen 19 Nov Somone Senegal  by Pip&VicPaine & Joanna Dailey  

2021  August seen at Poole Harbour Ospreys, and  25 August at Lytchell Bay, Upton, Dorset,

She has certainly been around at bit, and it's lovely she has been seen in her over-winter site.  Whether she has a nest somewhere or not I have no idea.

• It's wonderful to a returning 'chick', although she is not a spring chicken these days! I've used that phrase before, in reference to Mrs G, her mum!! It really would be lovely to know whether she is a breeding female or still wandering in search of a nest.
  • 09.22  the cam post wobbled

09.29  8C(14)f  landed with a chirrup

09.39.01  She flew off - something (8C?) landed on the campost

09:53  Heather Corfield would love to know where she is breeding. The only female known to have bred so far nested in Perthshire and she also landed on the Loch of the Lowes nest. Glaslyn born birds approve of cameras.

10.11  Lots of noise on the nest cam and two birds calling - one then landed on the nest

10.15- visit by a raven, although I could hear the odd sound of someone on the nest cam.

10:28 Peter  morning all, great to see an osprey on the nest again, latest news CJ7 has just crossed the border between Spain and France and didn't get held up at customs

I'm not sure who Peter is - part of the team perhaps, nor how he knows CJ7's location.  Is she tagged?

Skipping through, I haven't seen anything since.

© BoPH

• I got thoroughly distracted looking for the Osprey - first a Greenfinch on the perch, which was too small to "bother" you with, then Raven and Magpie!