Poole Harbour Osprey Project 2021 Season

As it's nearly that time I suppose it's time to start a new Thread for the Upcoming season.

For 2020 thread click HERE

• A couple of visitors to the nest this morning, and a few deer feeding, but they are pretty much invisible. I'm sure Scylla will get a better shot of them, all you can see is their white rumps to the left of the Corvid and below the track. .

© BofPH

• Thank you Richard.
    Paul at Poole has just said on Chat that they are visiting nests to check all the trail cams etc.

MC. They will clean the lens on the live cam!
  • Thank you for starting us off on the 2021 season, RICHARD Blush

I have to admit that I don't often pay attention to the Sika - sometimes I follow a Whitey to see where it goes and how long it stays, but we'll never get good views of them unless a camperson has a zoom around one day Slight smile

Mike B said:
    They will clean the lens on the live cam!

Welcome news from our favourite informer - thanks, MIKE! Yum

Nothing special to report up to about 11:00, the deer migrated back to the top "field" between 10:00 and 11:00.

• Thanks for starting the new thread, ready for the new season, Scylla. [Oops, sorry - thanks Richard!]
    I have been very lazy and just followed the Chat on the Live Stream for Poole (and Glaslyn) as I've appreciated that they have kept them running during the 'off' season.

I've been waiting for the bird song to start up in earnest for spring. BoPH also reported that Woodlark were heard singing on the LS this morning and it should intensify over the coming weeks :-))

• Yes, thank you Ricard. It will soon be that time to make sure all my nest cam addresses are correct . Some change each year don't they. Don't understand why.
  • Karen B said:
    Thanks for starting the new thread, ready for the new season, Scylla.

Not me, BIRDSONG - the thanks are due to our locally-based bird expert, RICHARD Grin

• Unknown said:
    Yes, thank you Ricard. It will soon be that time to make sure all my nest cam addresses are correct . Some change each year don't they. Don't understand why.

I think you will find Cirrus that it is because some set up a new 'address' each year.

Glaslyn, for example, who have been running out of season stream on You Tube and IF they lose internet connection or power they have to restart with a new IP address. 

I don't understand the technicalities but it is basically along those lines!!

Hope that helps.

• Mike B said:
    IF they lose internet connection or power they have to restart with a new IP address. 

I don't understand the technicalities either, but what they have to do is use a new YouTube "page", hence a new URL.  (The IP address is our own system's address where we users are based.  The police will be seeking our IP address if we decide to embark on online criminality.)

Heather might be able to explain it all.

But how come some cams seem to be immune?  How often did we have to change LOTL or LA?

• It started out a misty/frosty morning, the mist had largely cleared when the corvids arrived (plenty of deer too) but you can see it top right still (this has been seriously marmalised in an effort to bring out the definition):

Lunchtime we had a Kestrel (male, IMHO) for a couple of minutes:

That's just up to 17:30.