Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 2 January 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY 2022!

Sunday, 2 January, is the first New Moon of the year. The moon turns new at 6:33 p.m. or 1833 Universal Time. Insert your city or town in the box HERE to see the new moon time in your location. 

• Wherever you go, there you are. (bumper sticker)

Every Mum gave birth to a child, except my Mum. She gave birth to a legend.

I’m almost famous. (t shirt message)

• Good Morning. Very cold here, barely any degrees, but supposed to warm later. A chance of snow here, later today.

Lynette, you're right, your dear husband is now at peace after what sounds like a tense and worrying time. I hope you can cope with the aftermath if you just take things one at a time. Thinking of you.
  • LYNETTE - You have had a shock and I can empathise. There will be lots to do and organise and it is a fact that being busy doing it all helps to get us through the first difficult time. After that, you and your daughter will have the time and opportunity to relax somewhat and start to come to terms with your loss. Take care x
  • We've had a couple of sudden sleety showers, but no snow yet today: maybe its just missed us but hit Manchester, to the north of us.

Been busy putting all our festive decs to bed, but slowly, as sorting as I go. Sue says she is helping with a charity sale which can use any bits I want to discard so it's nice to know that they will go to help a good cause. I thinned things out last year, but still seem to have an awful lot of stuff!!. Must be brave......  I'll never use those decorative tablecloths again!

• Oh LINDY, I love my Christmas tablecloths ! I have several small ones plus a couple of runners. I do not use the two huge ones that I inherited from OH s late first wife - they are cotton and require dedicated ironing. Not my favourite job. I have an easy iron dark red one and lay one of the small fancy ones on top, or a runner.

• Yes, Heather: If we have guests I use a red cloth and lay a white runner decorated with holly sprigs across it. But I had kept three cloths with jolly patterns on which I used when the family were at home, and these days they never come out. Now I just put a green holly bedecked runner across the bare table & pop a spray of pretend greenery on it.

I do have about three runners, all different, and several small centrepieces for tables.

• Hi, all. 

Last night the temperature here was 0F (zero fahrenheit). That's -17.8 C. That's a minus. We had high winds, and with the wind chill the "feels like" temp was -12F. That's -24C. Dang, am I grouchy!!! I spoke too soon about this being a mild winter. I've pleaded with the polar vortex to send this cold to AQ! I'll write more when my hands thaw out. Take care, everyone, and be safe!

Lynette: Hugs to you. I'm thinking of you. 

Annette: I hope your daughter is improving. 

• DIANE – I cannot imagine how cold you must be. Please stay safe inside with lots of layers. Keep yourself fueled with warming food. Your vortex arrived here and it is quite chilly for our summer, days about 21 C max, overnight mid-teens. OH is confused and doesn’t know which weight vest/cardigan to put on. I AM NOT COMPLAINING; I love this weather.

• I'm glad the polar vortex listened to me, AQ. LOL
  • Gosh, DIANE - keep that warm coat on -
    AQ - looks as if son in law will be flying into Melbourne. He should start his journey tomorrow but I think it's been postponed for a few days. Maybe no room in the quarantine hotel, LOL.