Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 2 January 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY 2022!

Sunday, 2 January, is the first New Moon of the year. The moon turns new at 6:33 p.m. or 1833 Universal Time. Insert your city or town in the box HERE to see the new moon time in your location. 

• I’ve been getting more & more fed up. Rising covid numbers are scary. Testing queues impossibly long. RAT tests unavailable. For weeks I have only been out for food or OH’s medical appts. Weather today was 25 C, a bit warm for tramping streets with camera but I went anyway. Below is the view of Holdfast Bay (Glenelg) from the South Esplanade, Glenelg. A lovely breeze was blowing. Tonight, ow, ow, owee, my aching feet & ankles – it’s my first camera outing since late November. Too tired to reply to anyone. Sorry.

• Just a thought

Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go. (William Feather)

• Back to dry, cold and sunny – for today at least.

ANNETTE – glad you had a good journey home – I hope your Dau continues her recovery now.

LYNETTE – your OH’s condition sounds very complicated – I hope you can get some good explanations soon.

LINDA – glad you enjoyed your day away and came home without any mixing-bugs. A smile from Rosie at last; glad she is doing well. Some flinging already accomplished this year – both J and I have sorted clothes to await the next charity bag – sure to be one soon as none has been left since before Christmas.

Need to message GD now and wish her well for Friday – interview way down south in Brighton.
  • Yes, dry, cold & sunny here too, OG. Glad to hear you feel enthusiastic & energetic enough to do a clothes sort.

AQ - Sorry you're on a down. It would certainly wear me out to be so hot every single day. Love your picture, it's a long time since I saw the sea. Try to rest those toes, and don't overdo the walking!
  • Lovely beach photo with spotless sky. So impressed at your determination to go out in that heat and make something of the day when things are so locked down. You have inspired me to go on my own tromp today regardless of feeling down. Except mine will be in the snow! It is important to keep the parts moving or you lose them, I believe, even if they ache a bit after.

aquilareen said:
    Weather today was 25 C, a bit warm for tramping streets with camera but I went anyway

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Morning all:

Lynette:  How distressing for you all. Please keep us updated on what's going on.  And just FYI, it's me who's home (at my home with my OH), not Diane.  :-).)

Lindybird: I see little Rosie is no longer camera shy.  :-)  Glad the entire trip/visit went smoothly.

AQ/CC:  Too much sun and too much snow, but kudos to you both for soldiering on....  Hope things get cooler/warmer soon.

OG:  I flung ancient and unpredictable Xmas lights last year and took some decorations to granddaughter, who is BIG on Christmas. Tossed up an ancient string this year around the patio (for my and OH's enjoyment).  I'd purchased (during the summer) a 12' long string of solar lights (moons, stars) that hang a different lengths and which sparkle in various ways.  I hung them from the front porch and they're so pretty I may move them to the back patio and keep them up.   I think I remember reading that your granddaughter has an interview, but confess I can't remember for what....    :-(

Washing machine is churning busily.  Hadn't been home for an hour yesterday when the phone rang with dentist's office offering a cleaning appointment for 5 p.m yesterday afternoon. Noooooo thank you.  Took the noon one today (had to cancel previous appointments due to Arizona comings and goings..)   Then got a call from dermatologist's office asking if I wanted an appointment for 5 p.m. Thursday or 4:45 Friday.   After a long pause at my end full of ums and ers, the lady sweetly offered to call me back today - thank heaven.   Wonder who will call today.....  Meanwhile, must go hose down.....

• Those were the days, when birthday cakes were always with candles. 

• Lovely cool day, overcast. Back to my normal Wednesday ie food shop. Boring.

I think UpOver rapid antigen tests have a different name. Aussies call them RATs. I saw this comment today:-
    “2020 started with a mouse plague and here we are, in 2021, hunting RATs.”