Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 2 January 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY 2022!

Sunday, 2 January, is the first New Moon of the year. The moon turns new at 6:33 p.m. or 1833 Universal Time. Insert your city or town in the box HERE to see the new moon time in your location. 

• I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

What’s that medical condition called where you constantly need to have a trip booked? 

Can’t decide if I need a hug, an XL coffee, 6 ounces of vodka, or 2 months of travel.

• Brilliant quotes, today, AQ! We call our RATS "lateral flow tests" which doesn't sound half as exciting.

Cold here today: this morning it says 3 degrees, and I don't think its going to warm up much.

I'm off to the hairdressers, who I haven't seen for ages due to the festivities. Hoping it'll make me feel a bit more lively.
  • Yes LINDY, cold here too but yesterday's snow has just about gone.
    I've been raking through the kitchen freezer, will be eating leftovers for a while ! Yesterday, spaghetti Bolognese, today, beef in black bean sauce. There is a huge chunk of roast beef in there, maybe Scottish stovies one day.
    I'll be all beefed out. Have found fish though, so all is not lost.
    The washing machine and tumble dryer have been working hard and still there is more to do - including five bath/shower mats. It will be fine, aren't we lucky to have all this machinery ?
  • Read here this morning then forgot to reply! Another cold sunny day. Mice and birds very active - and eating plenty!

ANNETTE - I can't give any detail of GD potential Job as it is rather unique and might be traceable!

Hope all well as can be for everyone.
  • Heather - Did uou find any mysterious frozen goodies without a label on? There always seems to be one, however careful I am, where the label has come off. At present, there's one in my "meat drawer" which resembles some kind of beef stew, so one day we'll have to defrost it and eat it, whatever it is!

Edit: You're right, we're lucky to have machines to do our laundry. I would so have hated to labour over it as in the Old Days.

Had my hair cut this morning. Its been 6 weeks since the last time, so it needed it. Then I went to our local supermarket & stocked up on staples like milk bread & eggs. Of course, I have to put on my mask and my glasses steam up the minute I get inside, so then I have to take them off - then have to be careful not to bump into any displays because I can't see much without them!

• Lindy - I know what you mean about the glasses steaming up. When I get inside the shop, I put my specs in my jacket pocket and use a magnifying glass when I need to read anything. I realise I look rather odd! Then sometimes, I put my specs back on, and then panic when I cannot find them in my pocket when I take my mask off.
  • Yeay! No exceptions for rich sports people while the rest of us endure & obey lockdowns, restrictions, isolation, etc.
  • Absolutely, AQ!! What a creature, thinking that the rules don't apply to him because he is "important"

• Hello all - just to report that I lost my husband today after a short illness. Will look in again soon.