Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 2 January 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY 2022!

Sunday, 2 January, is the first New Moon of the year. The moon turns new at 6:33 p.m. or 1833 Universal Time. Insert your city or town in the box HERE to see the new moon time in your location. 

• Heather, glad you've enjoyed time with the family. I'm sure it must seem noisy and chaotic after being alone for a long time. I know my grandchildren make me feel weary, much as I love them.

We were so annoyed on New Year's Eve when all around us, there were nearly as many bangs and whizzes as on Bonfire Night. This was at about 9.00pm. By midnight, several more families began, then at 12.30 yet more loud bangs! So selfish.

Tomorrow we gird our loins and fill the car with presents, to head South to our Youngests.  They have been having fun at their other grandma's, and are now preparing to return to some kind of normality this week.

• Site sL-o-o-o-w. First of the month syndrome.
    Dau & Co called in after a visit to beach. All very tired and did not stay long.
  • Don’t kiss by the garden gate, love is blind, but the neighbours ain’t.

My neighbour asked if he could use my lawnmower and I told him of course he could, so long as he didn’t take it out of my garden.  (Eric Morecambe)

We make our friends; we make our enemies; but God makes our next door neighbour. (G K Chesterton)

• Good (Monday, I think) morning and Happy New Year. Had a bad time end of last week but seem to be through the worst of it.

Pleased that Lynette's OH has a diagnois and is being kept under surveillance, but sorry about covid cases in the hospital curtailing visits.

Youngest Granddaughter has been helping out in a care home due to staff shortages (her Dad has been back in carehome executive management for several months now due to need for covid arrangements). Her big Sister has just bought a house! Daughter is better since she gave up on the painkillers but awaiting result of MRI - her symptoms sound very much like some of mine - maybe an early flare-up of a chronic condition she doesn't know she has?

Other Daughter had her Sons and appendages over Christmas weekend - all seem to have survived the get-together. Been astounded by photos of wider family gatherings down south!

J had his endocrine (thyroid) consultation new year's eve - all as expected, but sadly consultant is retiring so next appointment in that clinic will be with somebody new.

Looking forward to packing Christmas away on Wednesday - and I think some of the decorations are destined for flinging this time - at last!

• Hallo all: Home safe after an easy drive. LA was especially nice with snow on the mountains. I was thinking how beautiful the area must must have appeared to travelers in the 1800s when the city was just a tiny pueblo..... Oh well...

• HAPPY NEW YEAR, DIANE. Thanks for the startup. Hope you had a peaceful one.

AQ - hope it doesn't get too hot for you, Happy New Year

Annette - Cold and snow but hope you had a peaceful New Year and that your daughter is making steady progress.

Lindybird - HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU.

Harelady - Glad you had a lovely time with family in Silverstone, just down the road from me in Brixworth north of Northampton.

Heather - glad to hear you have had time with the family. HAPPY NEW YEAR and to BJANE as well.
  • OG - HAPPY NEW YEAR. Do hope you are feeling better now.

Update on OH - at the end of last week he was about to go down for surgery, had an episode and finished up with Aspirational Pneumonia and was put on the critical list, transferred to another ward and we were allowed to go and see him for three days.. He is now through that crisis but still has the pneumonia. We have been told that the blockage has cleared but we are still confused as to what is happening and I will be trying to speak to the consultant or at least someone in charge of his medical needs tomorrow..

Diane - does that mean your are home -home or home (dau's). If home I expect your OH is pleased to see you.
  • Good Morning. Dry here but cold. My OH has got well wrapped up for his golf game.

We had a lovely day with the family, and a good journey back yesterday. Our presents were well received and everyone was in jolly mood. Little Rosie is now managing to say sentences and is very bright for only 2 and a half - she is inquisitive and inquiring.

• Hope that there can be progress with your OH, Lynette - it must all be very worrying but at least he's in the best place. Hope you can get some more information from the medics.

Annette, glad you're back home safe and it's been good to hear that your daughter is making satisfactory progress. Hope things settle down now, and she can soon be home again.

I see that you're in flinging mood again, OG!  An active way to start a new month and a new year!