Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 12 December 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a safe, serene, healthy week! 

• We laughed at the sight of Boris, as I pointed out that the new baby is obviously keeping him awake!! Not to mention sharing space with a lively toddler! That'll teach him to produce so many offspring!! (At least 7 at the last count, maybe 8 now!)

I've been to give a blood sample at our local clinic - less than 5 minutes away by car, and I was in and out in less than 6 minutes: didn't even have to sit down & queue.

Don't suppose I'll hear from the Doc until next week about her latest ideas for my ailments. But I can tell the iron supplements are working as I feel so much better in myself. (Thumbs up sign)

Sue has been bought dog training sessions by her family, so I await her reports on success!

• Heather, that must have been scary, having some high winds which bangs everything around. Hope its calmed down, now!

It's just begun raining here so I'm glad I did five minutes pruning along the front driveway when got home this morning. Can't have the delivery guys swearing because I left the shrubs with long sharp arms to grab them.

I changed my avatar yesterday to a festive Snoopy on his kennel, but he's so tiny its not very obvious! It also says "Joy" which I hope reaches us all at some point during the next weeks.

• Lindybird said:
    Don't suppose I'll hear from the Doc until next week about her latest ideas for my ailments. But I can tell the iron supplements are working as I feel so much better in myself. (Thumbs up sign)

Really pleased to hear that.  Have they already explored anaemia?  I'm not sure what else a lack of iron causes, other than sheer knackeredness.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• ANNETTE I seem to have had little time recently to read through all the posts. I knew you had family illness to deal with but didn't realise how hard things have been for you. Do take good care of yourself, you are important to everyone who loves and cares for you.
  • Clare: The anaemia was flagged up months ago -- it took another few weeks for me to get a prescription for the iron, to try and sort it out. Apparently it takes weeks or even months to take effect. My Doc is mostly concerned with the cause, and seemed to think there might be something nasty going on - but after tests, they are still scratching their heads.

Edit: Oh! I didn't say what else I'd been feeling, probably due to the anaemia - sleeping 10 hours or more in 24,  listlessness, a strange head, a need to faint in supermarkets  (!) failure to put more than two thoughts into my mind at once. Loss of interest in everything except eating and sleeping. (Last one is probably just me!!)

Interestingly, when I told a cousin about it, she said that she had had the same problem, and they couldn't find anything wrong with her, either!! So maybe its just heredity. I should stop worrying I suppose. I certainly haven't told my children about how poorly l've been feeling, just made light of it.

• LINDY Glad you are now more like yourself.

PAT O, bjane and OG. I have never understood people who do not take time to interact with people who have mental problems. I grew up on the doorstep of a large psychiatric hospital in the central belt of Scotland and my Dad was a psychiatric nurse. Many of the patients would walk to the village shop and the village children knew how to interact with them. Sadly the hospital closed many years ago. It was made up of about 32 very large houses, many of them listed buildings which have now gone to rack and ruin. The hospital grounds were where as children we walked our dog.

My friend who had the terrible accident earlier this year has a severely mentally and physically handicapped sister. When my friend had her accident her poor Mum said "Oh dear, I now have 2 daughters in wheelchairs
  • dibnlib: Thanks so much for your kind thoughts. A real shame about that psychiatric hospital, but the same sort of thing happened here back in the 70s. Re your friend's family, awful that some people have to endure so much.....

LIndybird Glad you're feeling better; interesting that a cousin had the same experience. I think the idea of Sue getting dog training classes as a gift is brilliant.

Take care everyone.
  • Good to read all your posts. Nothing exciting here, except more spring cleaning. Weather not too bad, expecting 37 Friday. I am Trio-sitting on Thursday while Dau shops alone.

• The workday always goes fast, when you show up late.

Sorry I’m late. I got here as soon as I wanted to.

Sorry for being late to work but I got stuck enjoying my last few moments of not being at work.

• Good Morning. Misty here, and damp. My OH has gone off to golf regardless, and hopes to still get a game, as the mist usually clears up.

Saw an article in the paper this morning mentioning how tired Boris our PM looks -- but also saying that they wouldn't like to be in his shoes. Not much confidence seems to be around as to who could/should replace him if he is ousted!

I suppose that we will all hear about what actions should have been taken over the handling of the virus situation, when time has passed and its in hindsight - if only we all had a crystal ball now!!