Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 12 December 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a safe, serene, healthy week! 

• Think this may make people smile
    An RAF colleague has lived on Jura for many years now. As is usual with the islands he has 2 jobs. He is the postie and also boss of the coastguard there. One day last week he delivered 240 tracked parcels and 60 non tracked. The population of Jura is 230. Someone posted a pic of him completely flaked out with his dogs at his side. I would say he deserved that rest.
  • Good Lord. Lots of posts since mine. Seems like several of us have grown kids with issues; my own daughter is in a league of her own, with mood issues and a tendency to over-react and high anxiety. Oddly enough, she's handled this whole Covid thing amazingly well (it was the rest of us who fell apart!). Maybe it's the folks with issues who are normal and the rest of us who are 'different.' :-)

Meanwhile, you may remember I had my knickers in a twist about 'friend' who I'd asked to keep in touch with OH while I was in Arizona? Well, I got her annual Christmas letter (e-mailed, complete with videos and photos of her having fun) the day after I arrived home, telling everyone what a wonderful year she's had in spite of Covid, how she's been going to concerts, meeting new and interesting people in her retirement community, indulging in her photography hobby, joining committees, enjoying time with her family, etc,, and that she hopes we've all been spared any Covid-related problems. Ha! (You folks in Scotland and Down Under may well have heard me grinding my teeth.) I responded with a brief note saying that I'd catch up with her letter when I had time, that I'd just arrived home..... No response yet. Can she really have forgotten my worried call from the ER in the PV hospital telling her my daughter was being airlifted to Phoenix and asking her to stay in touch with my OH because I didn't know how long I'd be gone?
  • Your friend is a Narcissus pure and simple!! 

• Good Morning. A quiet night. I hope that both Diane and Annette are resting after a busy week last week.

Dry here but showers predicted - a drier week to follow today.

I hope everything goes well for OG and EE.
  • Dibnlib - Liked your story about the postie!!!
  • Not a quiet night here! About midnight I heard a lot of noise. The wind had picked up and when I looked out, there were recycling bins blown over and loads of rubbish being blown down the street. It was pretty wild, but just a gentle breeze compared to what has been happening in the US. I was looking at the scenes of devastation over there - and 100 killed. Terrible.
  • ANNETTE – Forget that “friend”, she’s unreliable & not worth you getting upset.

OH had a dental appt today but they phoned that the dentist was sick. They did ask if OH was having any trouble with tooth and Mr-Put-It-Off-And-Root-Canal-May-Go-Away said it was fine and they made appt for 10 Jan. <sigh> At least I had a free day to clean living room and start on kitchen. Two long phone calls were a welcome rest and deferred finishing stove. Another day tomorrow.

• For today’s thought, I cannot do better than quote BJANE who wrote. . .

This is a quote from an obituary in my local paper today. He was a 19 year old autistic man who died in a tragic accident..
    He was obviously a brilliant thinker and a delightful human being.

“I am proud to be who I am. Many of my favorite qualities about myself are a direct result of my
    neurology. Normality is overrated. The aggregate knowledge and worth of a society is much greater with
    higher diversity.”
    “Never be afraid to be yourself. Eccentricity is often penalized, curiosity often systematically eradicated.
    Those who choose to ignore those societal norms and go where others haven’t are the ones who truly enact
    change.”

• Unknown said:
    Meanwhile, you may remember I had my knickers in a twist about 'friend' who I'd asked to keep in touch with OH while I was in Arizona? Well, I got her annual Christmas letter (e-mailed, complete with videos and photos of her having fun) the day after I arrived home, telling everyone what a wonderful year she's had in spite of Covid, how she's been going to concerts, meeting new and interesting people in her retirement community, indulging in her photography hobby, joining committees, enjoying time with her family, etc,, and that she hopes we've all been spared any Covid-related problems. Ha! (You folks in Scotland and Down Under may well have heard me grinding my teeth.) I responded with a brief note saying that I'd catch up with her letter when I had time, that I'd just arrived home..... No response yet. Can she really have forgotten my worried call from the ER in the PV hospital telling her my daughter was being airlifted to Phoenix and asking her to stay in touch with my OH because I didn't know how long I'd be gone?

Blimey.  She's not Lindy's Awful Cousin, is she?  At the least she sounds extremely self-centred.

Talking about self-centred;  there I was, innocently watching Strictly, when suddenly up pops bloody Boris looking scruffier than I've ever seen him.  Unbelievably Limpy wanted to hear what he had to say (heaven only knows why!) so I had to leave the front room, sharpish.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.