Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 5 December 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a joyful, safe, and healthy week! 

• CLARE - Have been mulling over our conversation about autism. It is quite amazing how many folk have been placed on the spectrum. I've been listening to radio 4 book of the week, ' Wintering'. The author was diagnosed as an adult. I imagine that knowing why one has certain ways of thinking and behaving must bring comfort.
    My grandson is so happy, he often sends me pics and info about WW2. I sent him money for Christmas and he sent me a pic of a people carrier model that he purchased ! With a lot of info about what ' we' used them for !

• CLARE; What is odd??

When I was old enough to read and understand it, my father gave me a small book of short stories by the famous author O. Henry. I adored it and swore to write some, myself (still not completed any of them!)

One of my favourites was about a journalist, who was told to go out and find a typical Man in the Street and interview him. He searched everywhere, but struggled - each person he found was unique, not typical at all. He talked to people in the street, and in bars, and in barbers, and everywhere he could. Everyone was too special. Then, just as he was crossing the road, he got knocked down by a truck! The newspaper report on his accident that day read "He was a typical Man in the Street....."

• I hope that OG and EE have made progress with all the packing. It can be hard work.

Here, we've had heavy rain showers followed by sunshine, then a repeat of it. My OH waited in this morning for a man who owes us some cash (for a job he was given but has not even begun) but no one has turned up. Not surprising, as he was supposed to come around yesterday late afternoon. And the week before.... We paid him cash to buy supplies and start work, but that was months ago. He gave different excuses every week as to why he had not turned up for the job. My OH is so cross, I thought I could see steam coming out of his ears. He is a very even tempered man and so for him to be this cross is most unusual. Boo!
  • So sorry to hear that LINDY. Our plumber has just arrived, full of apologies. It has been a WIP since Tuesday so hope this is his last visit.
  • Clare Bailey said:
    I'm very odd.  I must be number 111,111!

But Clare, 111,111 is divisible by 3! You are unique, and that makes you number 1. Plus, there are distinct advantages to being odd, as I am sure you already know! (From another odd osprey.) And I have no idea if any of that made any sense to you...

• The man finally turned up!! With money!
    Thank goodness. He told a long story of woe, and my OH listened patiently. After he'd gone, I said to my OH "You didn't really think that was all true, did you?" I'm sure it was all made up.
  • LINDY So glad the man turned up with the money. I am sure you had given it up as a lost cause.
  • Lindybird said:
    What is odd??

Me.

• You are a breath of fresh air, Clare, and you make me smile. Odd or not, you may use any label you like, but I hope you carry on as you are. And I have known some people in my life who I would list as far more 'odd' than you are...

• Clare Bailey said:

Lindybird said:
    What is odd??

Me.

Did you see my story after that remark, Clare.  None of us are 'ordinary' 

We're all 'special '  - - just like you!!