Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 5 December 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a joyful, safe, and healthy week! 

• How gorgeous, LIMPY!! (And the fox, too, LOL!!)
  • I've just realised that although I was set to post, earlier, I had got sidetracked!! Too many messages coming in here, and several had to be dealt with.
    Back later.
  • Glad to read that you are home, ANNETTE
  • Busy, busy and more busy – packing contents of dining room. All hands on deck. So not on here yesterday, and late today.

LINDA - I hope your nieces will both recover from flu – and not have covid. Glad your OH was okay after fall at golf.

HEATHER – hope the girlfriend will soon recover and that Callum will stay well – and see sense re vaccination.

AQ – great quotes again! Glad you are getting on well with posting etc – deliveries seem quite erratic here too.

DIBNLIB – envy the trip to Brodie – would love a visit there pre-Christmas!

LYNETTE – I hope your OH will see doc soon. Cancelled appointments aren’t good for the NHS!

ANNETTE – encouraging news about your Daughter. Glad you are home now, and I hope OH is doing okay!

LIMPY – good to see a post from you! Take care!
  • Three rows of panes of bay window washed; I am not climbing or stretching to top row – I can’t see that high LOL. With OH’s help moving chairs, etc, our lounge room is half clean. Another day tomorrow for the rest and time for homeless spiders to re-web.
  • Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Prepare to bow before my invincible irony and sarcasm. (t shirt)

You have to be odd to be Number One. (Dr Seuss)

• LIMPY Thank you that is sooo cute.

OG Had a lovely morning at Brodie. Spent 2 1/2 hours over coffee with friend and then just a very quick look round (bought myself a jumper) as we were expecting a plumber to arrive any time after 1. Guess what, he didn't arrive. Will we see him this afternoon, as he promised after a where are you phone call???
  • See that I never made it back on here yesterday. Don't know where the time goes. Wrote some letters to go into Christmas cards, and then helped my OH get some more Christmas boxes out from under the stairs. Ours is not a convenient cupboard - just a space accessed from within a built in wardrobe. A bit like Narnia, only a place to bang your head and crick your back!

So pleased to see that Annette made it home safely and that her daughter is on the recovery road.

AQ -- How frustrating that you've got all that dust coming towards you, and you can't do anything about it. Glad your OH is helping you to move stuff etc. Hope your family will understand that your house is under siege!
  • Dibnlib -- Sounds like a good day out. Don't get me started on workmen who don't turn up!! !!

Awoke to pouring rain and am wondering where all that water comes from. A coldish day today, then a warmer weekend forecast, with temps reaching double figures. Welcome for those worried about the heating bills which are rising in a very alarming way.

• aquilareen said:
    You have to be odd to be Number One.

I'm very odd.  I must be number 111,111!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.