Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 14 November 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON
and HAPPY PARTIAL LUNAR ECLIPSE 

The moon turns full and the partial lunar eclipse occurs on the night through morning of 18-19 November. For exact times for your house, insert your area/town/city in the box on this page of the Time and Date website.

Everyone have a joyful, serene week!!!

• Oh dear, Pat- eat it tomorrow, & open a can of soup today instead!

OG - Sorry you've got The Cold. Inevitable, I suppose. Hope a warm meal helps you feel better.

AQ - Annoying for you to have the frontage disrupted. We used to live on an estate where there were supposed to be rolling lawns in the front of each property, but over the years people moved in and put up hedges, planted big trees, etc. It looked totally different by the time we moved out!

It's very mild here as promised. Only having the heating here on in spurts. Our Site Manager rang to say that our central heating in the caravan seems OK now - he has twiddled with the controls and managed to get it to work correctly. My OH is relieved as he had visions of having to buy a new boiler. Maybe he was not brave enough with the controls, I don't know as I have nothing to do with the intricacies of it, usually!
  • Morning all:

AQ; Tell the neighbor she has to keep the roses. Maybe you can peek over the fence to see what's stopping her from fencing off the back yard. I like those wide open spaces between houses. I've seen them here in the Midwest but in our neighborhood there's no mistaking garden boundaries...

• Happy Birthday Clare and Heather. Hope you both have a marvelous day!!
  • Many thanks for all the birthday wishes - it has been a lovely day, with some spectacular birds.  Hope you like these photos:

This stunning bird is a cross between a gyrfalcon and a saker falcon.

Isn't he beautiful?

A magnificent bald eagle - inevitably, he'd been named Lincoln.

The Suffolk Owl Sanctuary doesn't do official flying displays in the colder months but it does exercise the birds.  This adorable boobook owl was rather prone to landing next to people!

Some of the Sanctuary's volunteers were being rewarded with a flying session.  This owl was quite happy to oblige.

Giving me a look.

The next owl was a bit bigger!

This is a Mackinder's eagle owl.

A few of my flight shots came out all right ...... especially this one.

Finishing with a beautiful lanner falcon.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Happy birthday, Clare and Heather, and wishing you many more to come!

Clare, Thanks ever so much for the beautiful photos of those birds; they are magnificent and your photos are gorgeous! What a glorious birthday present for you! Will Limpy be posting photos as well?

Kind regards, Ann

• Fabulous pics CLARE. Thank you so much !
  • Thank you, Clare. Wonderful pictures, as always. Sounds as though you had a lovely birthday. Hope Heather did as well, with only pleasant surprises.
  • Wow!! Stupendous, stunning photos, Clare. Thanks for posting them. I love that first bird, the gorgeous falcon cross. Looks as if you've had a lovely day.
  • Exquisite pix Clare! Thank you. (That isn't a Covid mask that gorgeous white falcon is wearing is it?)