Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 7 November 2021

Happy New Week!

I hope everyone has a healthy, happy week. 

• Good Morning. Colder here, but then it is early, & it's still dark. My OH has got up early to take a friend & wife to the airport today- they are scared of going on a plane with other people, but are desperate for a break in the sun.

We're preparing for our last trip to Wales of the year, as we will drain her down (water) and take home all foodstuffs until next March. Hoping for a reasonable journey as only light showers of rain forecast. At least there will be less traffic on the roads.

AQ - Sorry your OH will have a lot of appointments, but hope he'll be a new man afterwards!
  • Good morning all from a dry so far Suffolk!

Sorry to hear about your heart problems Lynnette - I am sure the tablets will help.

Like Clare I was prescribed Furosemide for swollen legs but only take it now in the summer when my legs get very swollen and hard .My doctor said it was caused by having 3 children in 4 and a half years (we were married for 8 yrs before we started and wanted them close together) Although I wouldn't recommend 2 in nappies at the same time!

Then when I went back to work it was in telesales so I was sitting down all day and that makes it worse. At weekends I try and walk a lot to compensate and if I finally retire next year I will be walking all day!

As for night time attire - I prefer t-shirt nighties - and although I used to read in bed a lot - I find I fall asleep better with Radio 4 in the background. I set it for 90 mins and then may put it back on when I wake in the night..

I have recently bought a new Fitbit which gives a reading every day of your nights sleep and its fascinating to see how much - or little deep sleep I get - usually just an hour or so - the rest being light sleep 4 or so hours, them regular sessions of REM sleep, although I can't usually remember most of dreams.

As usual I find all of your posts interesting so please keep them coming.

Have a good weekend all!

ps I work with a young man - 25 - who calls Thursdays Weekend Eve Slight smile

• Good to gather all the sleep remedies. Thank you!
    However, I had a very bad sleep last night! Psychological bugaboos are very difficult. But perhaps they urge some kind of acceptance leading to letting go. (Before getting to the top step of the fifty foot ladder.)

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Harelady:  Always good to see you. Fascinating about the Fitbit, but I'd probably start fretting about how much or little of this or that kind of sleep I had.  

CC:  :-)  If you find a way to get rid of those bugaboos, do share.

Lindybird:  Hope the weather is kind for the drive - how long will you be there?

• We have arrived here in time for lunch, and rushed immediately to see how bad the problem was, as sis in law Sue reported that one of the French doors seemed to be letting in water when she was here. She put down dog drying towels to soak up any further events, and they were damp. Otherwise, not too bad, but my OH is keen to trace the problem before we abandon the caravan for the winter.

We hoped to get here last weekend to look at things, but as I had various appointments, had to put it off.

However, our happiness that things seemed pretty OK soon evaporated when we found that the central heating was struggling, and mostly just turning itself off after 5 minutes of being activated <sigh> My OH is now depressed as he can't sort it out - we await the Site Manager who will be here tomorrow.

Annette, supposed to be here till Monday but now not sure-- its not too cold at present and we have a gas fire to sit by, but we might have to abandon ship!! At least the boiler itself is working so we have hot water.

• Lindybird: I swear the planets are in retrograde or whatever that is. Seems like things are wobbly all over right now. Hope the heating is any easy fix.....
  • Hi, all. 

I walked up the hill to the little general store in my local small town late this afternoon to buy some food. It felt like a long walk. We had a high wind warning today (50 miles per hour), and we are due to get some snow tonight. When I arrived back home, I was out of breath. I had collapsed on my enclosed porch to drink a Diet Mountain Dew. I saw something large in the corner of my sight. R. T. Hawk was right up next to my house taking a blackbird. I sat very still so I didn't distract him. He probably hadn't been able to hunt earlier because of the wind. Those hawks are big birds when you see them up close!

• LINDY: I hope the plumbing and heating issues are resolved quickly. You don't need all that right now.

HARELADY: So nice to see you. I would find the Fitbit data fascinating. Like you, Heather, Pat, and others, I must have the radio on quietly at night. The silence is unnerving here in the woods. I'd worry that every tiny noise is bad news, such as raccoons getting into the house. Thank goodness for the BBC World Service here.

EDIT: I've never actually had raccoons in the house, but they're very smart. LOL

• LINDA – Problems are not wanted you needed when you wanted to pack up for winter. I hope resolved soon and you can relax.

DIANE - Good to hear that RT Hawk is still about.

Fine sunny day, no rain despite weather forecast. Weeds have sprung again from earlier rain and warmth.

Adele penguin found in NZ.