WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) Sunday, October 17, 2020

Welcome to the new week all.  :-)

• Just had a quick skim through the vid. Marveloous rescue and release, Diane. Thanks for the link.
  • Welcome from me Kath. Glad you are beginning to feel better and that the birds have kept you sane so to speak.

My, My, Lindybird, you did get your OH to run around, wish mine would, he's just no energy but hopefully it will be better next week after the diabetic nurse visits.

• We now have a new member of the family - a male cat named Milo. He came to live with us at the weekend and was a rescue cat from Cat Protection charity. He is only 2 so must arrange to get him registered with our PDSA vet before too long. Will try and take some pics and post soon. Weather has been wet, windy, with sunshine inbetween. Not too bad really..
  • Hi all:

I flew to Phoenix and caught the shuttle up to Prescott Valley.(small van, no discernible shock absorbers!). Driving OH's car home Monday.
  • Glad you made it OK, Annette. Take care.
  • ANNETTE - I presume OH’s car is in a better state than the shuttle. Safe journey.

Dau phoned yesterday. I said lucky as I was about to go for a walk. So she asked to speak to her father. When I returned I asked OH for news. “Nothing”, he says. I prompt. “Just stuff about the kids and Calli is moulting.” <sigh> Darn, I’d been hanging out for someone to talk to. [Calli is their long hair cat.]

Update on one of our idiots. It was almost 20 hours before security noticed he was not in his room. [Wasn’t he eating?] He used the fire escape. Now 5 extra security employed & extra CCTV added. Our state’s been there done that. Don’t others learn anything from us?!

• The company gave me an aptitude test and I found out the work I was best suited for was retirement. 

Retirement is wonderful. It’s doing nothing without worrying about getting caught at it.

The trouble with retirement is that you never get a day off. (Abe Lemons)

• Good Morning. Dry here but chilly, compared to recent almost balmy weather.

AQ - I despair when my OH has been on the phone, or has met a family member without me: I have to prompt him like one of our children to get news. Sometimes, a week later, he comes out with information which he could have told me earlier. Or infuriatingly says " Didn't I tell you?"

Sue is heading off for a few days in our caravan today, as its half term for her grandchildren and so some of them will be nearby. It's nice to be able to offer her somewhere comfortable to make herself and Toffee the dog, at home.
  • My OH had gone off to inspect the allotment - it must be very wet as we seem to have had plenty of rain in the night. I just went into the garden to feed the birds: Bonnie followed and had a rummage around in the bushes, then wouldn't come back indoors. I left her out there to snuffle around whilst I washed my hands but she must have pushed the door open with her nose, as now I've got big muddy footprints all over the conservatory & kitchen tiles! Argh!

Lynette - Milo sounds as if he's going to enjoy a good home. What colour is he, and can you post a pic when you've got time?

• OH must have recovered from vaccinations - painting the wetroom ceiling this morning - only 34 months after the new floor was finished! J's arm seems somewhat better today and he just had a shower (other shower room) without help. My legs were agony yesterday evening - not just the right, but the left too. Calmed them down with massager, and was able to sleep. Left is still worse than usual, but bearable - no big shouts of pain. What a household we are!

LYNETTE - hope nurse visit goes well and that your OH will take some benefit from the insulin. I hope Milo the cat will settle in well and that you won't trip over him.

ANNETTE - enjoy weekend with family and have a safe return home on Monday.

LINDA - no rain here overnight, and a reasonable, but cool, sunny day today. Not sure what I might find to do. Expecting a parcel around lunchtime - new bedding for J to go with his recent new mattress. His old winter duvet has gone to laundry - will fetch it back Monday. Had to buy a lightweight one for temporay use, so added his throw and two other old ones and he seems to have been warm enough.