WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) Sunday, October 17, 2020

Welcome to the new week all.  :-)

• And right they are! I loved all the quotes on retirement, I am living every one of them and sending them on to friends!

aquilareen said:
    The company gave me an aptitude test and I found out the work I was best suited for was retirement.

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Morning all: I'm in bed with coffee while people get off to work/school; best not to disrupt everyone's morning routine. My OH is the same when it comes to passing on family news, etc.; Moreover, we split some of the expenses of the AZ house with the AZ contingent (we're the majority owners) but OH keeps forgetting who pays what and has again confused things re who pays this year's property taxes. The same thing happened last year. Sigh. I've started checking the call log on our house phone when I come home because he also forgets to pass on phone messages (although most people have my cell phone number these days).
  • I'm here ! Bedroom light has been on since 4am :-(
  • I have to say that my late OH was very much on the ball when it came to money matters. Sometimes, I wished he wasn't. As befitted his former profession he kept meticulous records. One day, when we had been together for a couple of years, he solemnly informed me that since I had arrived, the utility bills had doubled. It was,said more as an observation than a criticism and I didn't know how to respond !
  • I'm here. Hi, Heather and Annette. I'm working all night. By tomorrow I should have the1st editing pass of this danged document finished. I've basically had to rewrite it. 450 pages of a very heavy edit accomplished in 6 weeks. I'm way too old for this. Now they can spend 2 weeks yelling at me over silly, trivial minutiae that doesn't matter at all. Sigh. Then I'll have 2 weeks to do the 2nd pass. Then I'll be mostly done. I'm contracted to check the layout and production in February. I need sleep right now. My eyes are starting to play tricks on me. I've had too much Mountain Dew to drink and the caffeine is making me buzz. LOL
  • Just a thought

There are only two days in the year that nothing can be done. One is called Yesterday and the other is called Tomorrow. Today is the right day to Love, Believe, Do and mostly Live. (Dalai Lama)

• Good Morning. A grey damp day again but the forecast is for quite a mild week -- maybe we're getting those milder, wetter winters we were told about. Fine with me as I hate to be cold.

Diane, Hope you can rest after your last sprint to the finish line. It really sounds like hard work. Take care of yourself.

Here it is, the weekend again. Good grief!
  • Has anyone watched lolo Williams programme about Pembrokeshire on BBC 2 on Monday nights? I’m really enjoying them. He’s such a good presenter & the wildlife and scenery is lovely.

Whilst looking for the timings of cooking Christmas Puddings, in a pressure cooker on the internet, I came across this quote which amused me.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • Yes, I've been watching Iolo. He's a great presenter and makes it so interesting.

Also watched Susan Calman last night as she was in North Wales, and she went up Snowdon- on the train! Great views from the top, but my OH says its all great if you've got a good day. The day he climbed it, there was nil visibility!! Could barely see the person next to him, as bathed in cloud.