WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) Sunday, October 17, 2020

Welcome to the new week all.  :-)

• I have found the site slow to load, this morning. I hope I don't get excommunicated, like AQ was!
  • Good morning.
    LINDA – I haven’t seen J yet this morning, although E-E has woken him to make sure he takes his meds. So he obviously had some sleep.

ANNETTE – my conditions qualify me for a NHS home visit from optician here in Scotland – don’t know whether England is the same. He and an assistant arrived with lots of tech packed in two large cases and the examination took a whole hour due to all the covid sanitising precautions. I am no longer short sighted in my left eye, much to everyone’s amazement when I carried on reading through the bottom line on the chart! So I need new glasses – including new frames this time as I had new lenses in old frames last time. I hope the Arizona trip will be successful in all respects!

DIANE – main delay on garden is that we don’t all agree how we want it!

AQ – good to see you found your way back!

HEATHER – don’t you go missing too! Hope all okay.

E-E is out having his vaccinations right now. Still haven’t received my appointment.
  • We are back home & resting after the journey. My OH did all the driving and I felt very weary when we got here. A letter was waiting for me with details of a test which the Doc said would be needed: I will get it sorted soon.

Edit:  I had to sign in to get on here, which I haven't had to do for ages. Glad you're still with us, AQ!

• LINDA –Lottery dream? Did you also dream how you would explain all the new purchases to your OH? All those new shoes? Good luck with the Doc tests.

Temp hasn’t reached predicted 30 but it is windy, dusty & horrid. Since food shopping I am staying indoors

• The universe is made up of protons, neutrons, electrons and morons. (t shirt message)

Laugh alone and the world thinks you’re an idiot.

It is the ability to take a joke, not make one, that proves you have a sense of humour. (Max Eastman)

• I learn something new almost every day. Today it is the plains-wanderer bird. More info here.

• Good Morning. Dull & grey skies here.

Going to the hairdresser: if I feel not too well, I shall ask my OH to drop me off there as its only 10 minutes by car. He is also picking up various things from town, including the bedroom curtains which we had altered.

AQ - What a lovely gentle bird - hope its going to recover in numbers now that people are aware of the danger of losing it
  • LINDY - take it that was the solution to the rotting tape on the curtains?
    OG - J seems better. That's good. When you said no more big veg, does that mean no more tatties or runner beans?
    ANNETTE - Safe journey to AZ!
    It's dull here and showers expected. I might walk to Tesco. Got cabin fever...
  • Get yourself out of the house, Heather!

Yes, we found that our local dry cleaners were willing to replace the header tape and it was inexpensive compared to just buying new curtains.

Just been damp eyed watching a rescue of a mama Osprey in a film clip put on Facebook by Diane today - recommended watching, and a happy outcome! (Thanks Diane)
  • Here's the link to the Osprey rescue. The Osprey was attacked by a Bald Eagle. 

The video is 10 minutes long, so don't watch it if your data is expensive. I don't want folks to owe a bunch of extra money on their bills because of something I posted. I don't know whether data is expensive in UK or OZ.

Glad you enjoyed it, Lindy.

EDIT: That's weird. It wouldn't accept my smart link. I'll try it this way. 

https://www.facebook.com/thedodosite/videos/3063817967167778/