WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) Sunday, October 17, 2020

Welcome to the new week all.  :-)

• A miserably grey day here: we have been "pottering" and beginning to pack ready for our return home tomorrow. Off in a minute to have a cuppa with another couple who are similarly bored.

OG - Hope that Js arm pain is only temporary - maybe he slept on it.

Nice to hear from Kath1977!
  • Morning all and yes, Hallo to Kath1977!  :-)

OG: I'm always amazed at the 'at-home' medical care you get.  Does the optician bring his/her own chart?

Lindybird:  Are you shutting up the caravan for the winter this trip?  

The Alisal fire is just about done and thank heaven, no fleets of helicopters thundering overhead during the night.  Looks like I'll be off to Arizona this week to pick up OH's car - it's a long story, but oh well . What with one thing and several others, daughter's and granddaughter's recent birthdays were very haphazard celebrations this year so we'll include Actual Gifts this time!  G'son was originally going to fly and get the car, but he's got something on this weekend so I'll combine the trip with some other business.  

• Long way to go, Annette! Hope it all goes to plan. Glad the fires are over.

No, the caravan is hosting sis in law Sue shortly, as she is coming here whilst her granddaughters will be nearby for half term. So we'll leave things ready for her (room in the wardrobe, spotless stove etc), and then we will return for a couple of days in November to close everything up. Can't believe the season is over already.
  • Annette: Glad the fire's about done. I worried about you on that one. I know those big helicopters are noisy. My area gets 3 kinds: StatFlight Air Medical, U.S. Military, and ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) helicopters. Very loud. Have a good, safe journey to Arizona.

Lindy: Have a safe trip home. Hope you're feeling better.

OG: Hope you can get the garden the way you want it.

• Speaking of medical services, Sue took an old lady (age 91) to have her ears syringed today, only to be told on arrival that "The nurse who does it is not in, today!" - but there had been an appointment arranged. No phone call to say "Don't come in today" -- shocking. Not our GPs practice, I'm glad to say. :-(
  • Diane, thank you. Don't work too hard. Try to have breaks!
  • <Insert lots of sweary words> Yesterday I was “invited” to renew my password. I did. It said it was accepted, BUT it didn’t work. I have been getting more and more frustrated, suffering withdrawal symptoms – I missed you lovely people. I’ve tried again & again for 24 hours and suddenly I am in. So quick before I disappear.

Yesterday’s thought was to be. . . Be your own kind of beautiful.

• No word yet on charges for the border-crossing & escaping idiot – he has the virus perhaps thus the delay. However I would question the security idiots who failed to keep him in the medi-hotel. Here in our state in recent days a few have been jailed for crossing our border illegally & lying to police. Placed in medi-hotel while being investigated, the next day they were arrested by police in full PPE!!!. Now two 2 weeks in a cell rather than the medi-hotel. So far tested negative.

A Texas senator criticised Aussieland’s strict restrictions. Oh boy! did he cop a blast from our NT Chief Minister. I don’t know if this link will work UpOver.

• AQ;  I missed you last night.  Glad you finally managed to break in.    I love it!  You guys actually have consequences for people who act like idiots!  What a concept!  Here, we elect them to political office. And OMG, I just followed that link and OF COURSE it was Ted Cruz!  Double arghhh.... I think Cruz et al actually got Covid and the virus set up permanant residence in their brains.  

• Welcome back, AQ!!

Good Morning. Grey & raining here, again, but its supposed to clear up and be quite warm. We are preparing to go home & my OH is out in the wet, taking Bonnie for her (short) walk.

I dreamt we won the Lottery but I didn't tell my OH in case the shock made him ill!!! :-D