Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 10 October 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy week! 

Please check back to last week's thread to see all of Clare's phenomenal photography from her trip to Mull!!! You won't be sorry!

• Wow. Sounds like you had a wonderful time and had as scenic a drive across Scotland as we did! I'd never heard of either Seil or the Bridge over the Atlantic before now and the area looks absolutely beautiful.
  • dibnlib - Thank you for information about Seil. I had never heard of it before - yesterday! Radio 4 'Ramblings' with Clare Balding was there, and I vowed to add it to my list of 'must visit' places. And your information makes that even more certain. Sounds like my kind of place! Others might like to listen on i-player - she does describe her surroundings really well. She walked on Iona the week before, and Mull the week before that. All good programmes and worth listening to.

Grey and damp again here. I hadn't driven across Ashdown Forest since February 2020 so was looking forward to my drive this morning. Sadly it was quite misty so didn't see a lot - but did manage three sheep! They were still there when I drove home a couple of hours later, although they had crossed the road.

Lindy - Glad you were able to spend time with the family. They grow up so quickly! I had a Zoom chat with my family although Charlie, my great-nephew, didn't want to talk to me! They are coming for a few days over half-term - can't wait.
  •   The first pic is of course the wonderful view of Mull and the second is the ferry from the village of Cuan at the south end of the island.  There is a timetable but if people wave from the other side the ferry will pop over to collect them.  As you can see we were very lucky with the weather.

• It is well clicking on these images to see them full screen.
  • dibnlib said:
    There is a timetable but if people wave from the other side the ferry will pop over to collect them.

The foot ferry at Felixstowe Ferry runs on a similar principle.  I love these little ferries!

• Morning all:

Diane: I did post a thank you - well, I wrote it anyway - but must've forgotten to click on Reply.

dibnlib:  Those are really lovely photos and I did click on them to make them bigger (although the site was slow to follow through)..  You can feel the cool air in that photo of Mull!  

Can't remember what I wrote in the post that didn't!  Glad to see Lindybird missed the pothole.

WIll check back later....

• Good morning, all. Where is everyone?
  • Sorry I’m “late”. Unexciting day, bathroom cleaning, ironing, weeding.

Final term of our school year began today. Huge sigh of relief from parents LOL.

• Children who play video games night and day will go down in history – not to mention all their other subjects.

School is where children go to catch colds from each other so they can stay home.

I don’t have a favourite kid, but there’s one I try extra hard not to wake up.

• Sorry I'm late, too - my OH left me to sleep in today. I've not got a lot on the list for today, although we do seem to have bred a lot of dust bunnies around here, and I need to empty the good old ironing basket once again.

Managed to plant some bulbs for enjoyment next spring & summer, yesterday. It was lovely to be in the garden in the sunshine.

Still have to find ten minutes to catch up on Clare's photos of their epic trip to Mull. Hope everyone has a good week!