Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 3 October 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON!

The moon turns new on 6 October, next Wednesday.

I hope everyone has a good autumn week. The trees are just beginning to turn a bit yellow here. No strong colors yet.

• Pat O said:
    If I knew how to PM you I would be very interested to know the name of the B and B in Dervaig - I am hoping to get to Mull next April and am looking to stay somewhere different from my usual area. Dervaig would be perfect.

I've just sent you a friend request with a message attached.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Clare: What a beautiful account and well-organized album of your Mull trip. So many birds that look similar to Northeastern birds here, but not exactly the same! I marveled at the shag come cormorant, since I would have had to eat my hat that it wasn't! Lovely corvids and raptors, stunning photos of all of them with your usual humorous captions.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIBNLIB! And many more.

Wishing OG (and myself) persimmon cake preceded by the roast pork and or lamb feast as she recovers (i.e.SOON). Diane, what a curious story about the wild persimmons! It reminds me of preciously secret wild mushroom locations and the untamed Minnesota wild rice.

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Diane:  The Church of the Stunned Chicken!!  I love it!  Re trucks, maybe a semi would do the trick?  :-)

AQ: Hope that dolphin managed to join his family.

Clare:  Spectacular photos - and yes, that dark background is perfect.  Looking forward to Part 4 (but feeling a little churlish in wondering if we'll see any landscape pix.)  

CC:  Untamed Minnesota wild rice?  The mind boggles.... Sounds as if it runs rampant around the countryside, taking over fields and gardens

• Clare - Thank you. Received your message and responded. More wonderful photographs. Did you eat in the pub at Craignure? Very good food there! So pleased you saw a hen harrier - a rare sight. I've always found birders on Mull, more than anywhere else, are pleased to share their 'finds' with others - I've looked through many a telescope at something I would never have spotted myself! They're good for otters as well. Can you guess I'm reliving your trip with you through your pictures and descriptions?!?!?
  • We did eat in the Craignure Inn - I had a gammon steak with fried egg, pineapple and chips while Limpy had a ham and pineapple pizza. Worth the wait.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Both of which are favourite choices of mine, when eating out!!
  • The service has always been slow there - but it's worth the wait, as you say!
  • We didn't expect the pizza to be served quickly. It explains on the menu that they cook it from scratch so it's reasonable to wait.

• I should mention that we've just come back from seeing the new Bond film. Very good and very loud!