Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 3 October 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON!

The moon turns new on 6 October, next Wednesday.

I hope everyone has a good autumn week. The trees are just beginning to turn a bit yellow here. No strong colors yet.

• Lindy and anyone else who's interested: Apparently, there's been some sort of massive global website crash at Facebook. I'm working on a bad deadline and I really need my computer and equipment to stay running optimally. So, I panicked like a madwoman when I took a break and couldn't bring up Facebook. I feared it was my computer! So, I thought I would save you all from madwoman panic, thinking that your own devices were on the fritz. It's not you! It's them! LOL  Here's the DownDetector report on Facebook

Take care, all. 

AQ: That's so very sad about people who can't return to their loved ones, although I understand why your country is being so careful.

• Diane - Yet another reason why I'm glad I don't use Facebook!
  • Welp, folks, apparently the world is ending. The Facebook outage is global and massive, and they've said "Sorry" on Twitter. The U.S. stock market is crashing. But the worst news: Biden just gave a fiery speech saying that the Republicans have refused to vote to raise or suspend the debt limit. I don't care about Facebook or the stock market, but the Debt Limit Crisis could be catastrophic. By the end of the month, the U.S. could default on our debt for the first time in history. Our economy would fail. Crikey, I'm going back to work. 

• Good grief!  Facebook down (won't miss it; not a fan). Stock market crashing?  Time to stuff my pennies under the mattress then....

Heather: Glad you're okay but sorry to hear about family distractions - I know the feeling.

• Heather-- Glad you're OK. Thanks for letting us know. Hope none of the family matters are too serious.

Sue came to visit us this afternoon, and borrow more books from my OH. As we talked, the heavens opened and the rain hammered down on our conservatory roof. Later, bits of blue sky reappeared and an attractive rainbow was formed.

Diane, I heard about the Facebook drama, but I've been too busy to be on there much today. Thank you for thinking of us/me. I can live without it!

Edit:  Hope that the USA debt doesn't affect things too much. I find it difficult to imagine whole countries having problems like debt or interest payments, like the rest of us!!!

• Heather: I'm sorry you're having a hard time. Sending you strength and good energy. 

OG: Sending you healing right now! Fight those germs!

Hey, all. 

I stayed up all night and all day working. Now I'm too exhausted to effectively work anymore, so I was on my Twitter account reading about the Facebook debacle. I don't want say too much in an open forum like this. Unsubstantiated speculation might get me into trouble. However, some folks who are a whole lot smarter than I am are saying that Facebook is not just down; Facebook is gone! 

Take that with a grain of salt. I used to understand technology, about 100 years ago. LOL

• DIANE – Thank you. You have saved OH from hours of frustration thinking his computer was at fault. He only dabbles in FB so it won’t change his day.

HEATHER – No worries. I often feel unable to keep up chatting. . .

• AQ: Yup. He can relax. It's all over the global news media now. Scared me for a while!
  • Facebook, thought you were my friend:
    That you'd be there till the bitter end.
    When I log on and chat away,
    I expect to do it every day.

But if its true, you've lost your glitter
    I may be reduced to learning to Twitter!