Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 26 September 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a joyful, safe week. Healing and recovered health to those who are ailing. Good journeys to those who are traveling.

Check back to last week's thread to see Lindy's lovely and interesting photos. 

• Well, soul line dancing incorporates a lot of different music, but I offer this as an example: I had an exceedingly good time and after 5 hours of dancing, it took me a whole day of recuperation before driving bsck! There is a group in southern California: https://youtu.be/ff0K0DE5Oh8 

I'm not black but it is such a wonderful community I am hooked on it!

Unknown said:
    CC: I hope the line dancing was worth the 6-hour drive, but hadn't hear of "soul" line dancing. I have Motown on Pandora along with Steely Dan and popular hits from the 60s on. Music helps me pick up the pace when I'm out walking..    What kind of art work were you doing on the islandl?

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• CC: Now that first video looks like something I could do and I like the music better than in the second. They had a fitness/dance class at the Y before Covid. It was led by a local DJ who had fab dancing music; he included the Electric Slide, which looked simple but I didn't stick with the class long enough to learn it. I had a full schedule there already and as another member said to me, 'You can't spend every day at the Y." Anyway, glad you had a good time.
  • CC: I love that. I would enjoy it. So many fitness activities are for young people and/or folks who already have perfect bodies and endless stamina. (Um...not me.)
  • Just a thought

Everyone hears what you say. . . Friends listen to what you say. . . Best friends listen to what you don't say.

• Good Morning. Grey drizzle greets us today. I have to go out food shopping so will just have to wear something appropriate - my OH will be ditching his shorts after wearing them all summer long pretty much.

CC - Your dancing clips look so much fun! Sign me up! I used to love my line dancing classes, which were a few years ago now. An easy way to keep moving! Sadly the lady who ran them moved away and no one else took it up.
  • Good morning everyone, I'm back at my morning coffee routine.

Annette, before COVID, I think I DID spend almost every day at the Y, lol, so it sounds familiar!

Diane, this is one of the things I love about doing this: young and old, men and women, all body types, no partner needed, and you can share the dance floor with perfect strangers. But Covid has put a damper on it for now.

AQ: Love the quote, but I would have to add I'm still working on the Will Rogers quote on never missing a chance to keep my mouth shut!

Lindy, the colors have begun to turn at higher elevations here in NY. Warm weather is losing out!

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Hope you are all ok. I don't seem to have time to myself this past week or so and the same next week.
  • Dibnlib: nice to hear from you, anyway, and I assume that you are OK. (Just busy)

The weather here didn't improve so I had to brave the heavy showers and run into the shop with my hood up. I worry that when skittering across the car park I might not see a car moving towards me, due to my hood stopping my all round view. Correction: I keep forgetting that I can't run any more - change that "run" into "hobbled sideways as fast as able to" . Not many people shopping but I don't think it will do them any good putting things off as it looks as if it will rain all day.

Must go and write a blistering letter for the local paper Letters Page as some idiot has said that we should forget masks and rules and "just let natural immunity take over......." !!!!!!!!!!
  • Lindybird said:
    as some idiot has said that we should forget masks and rules and "just let natural immunity take over......." !!!!!!!!!!

Give them five minutes with the family who have just lost their 15-year-old daughter to Covid and see how long they last.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Morning all:

Diane/CC:  The reason I like the Y is that we do get all ages and body types there, although SB isn't exactly famous for its racial diversity (except for the large Hispanic population and masses of Asian students at the Uni).   However, the DJ who held the dance class (he was a professional DJ) was Black and a real hoot.  We also have lots of classes for seniors that I occasionally present to my OH in hopes of sparking an interest but his preferred excercise is still a brisk sit on the couch.  If it weren't for the remote control, I don't think he'd get any kind of workout.  :-)  But really, :-(

Diane: I often think that you could just play some music somewhere and any number of people would join in for the fun of it.

CC:  We are at sea level here and the Liquidambars up the road are just turning. (I always thought it was spelled Liquidamber because of the Fall colors, but no.  Then again, the leaves do turn red so that should have been my first clue...)

Lindybird:  You can add my name when you sign that letter.  Glad you made it across the car park without showing up on the evening news.  

AQ: National Public Radio had a story yesterday about Oz easing the Covid travel restrictions. They interviewed one lady who'd been stuck abroad for the entire time(!!!) and became teary when she said she was most looking forward to seeing her Mum again. I didn't realize some of your kinfolk were unable to return home.  Is that so?

dibnlib:  Yes, good to see you. Hope all is well... and

Heather: As OG noted, you've been quiet; hope all is well there too.

Must go stuff a muffin in my mouth and then arrange to do Something Productive today (no lack of options...)

Take care all