Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 19 September 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK! HAPPY FULL MOON! HAPPY AUTUMN EQUINOX! 

The Harvest Moon turns full Monday night/Tuesday morning (depending on your location). The equinox is Wednesday for most of us.

(Sorry, AQ, I didn't work out when you will experience all these events. It's sweltering hot here tonight, and my brain isn't working. LOL!!!)

• Good that you managed a good night's sleep, OG. Hope the Man comes....
  • Where is everyone? Surely not all on holidays or coping with visiting relatives?

Just a thought

Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it. (Maya Angelou)

• I'm here, AQ !
    I hope that the day went well for everyone, especially OG who was hoping to be able to use the new seating arrangement in the car.
    Son in law has finished his time at the Playford. He got a very fancy chocolate dessert and an equally fancy congrats note from the hotel at lunchtime today. He put a pic on Facebook. And yes, all the food arrives in covered containers, plates and cutlery are in the room. He has to wash all that himself, of course.

• HEATHER – Yeah for S-i-l. He’s free (relatively). It’s nice to know they give “thank you” gifts. I shall be interested how he is treated in WA as they are behaving as if they are a different country, closing their borders at the least sign of covid. A pity NSW & VIC can’t learn something.

• Sorry I failed to write last evening...

Good Morning. We arrived in one piece, somewhat later than usual due to setting out later, plus two sets of roadworks on the route. (Both of which are supposed to be "improvements" but have been causing chaos for months on end)

This morning I awoke an hour later than usual, having gone to bed early - possibly 9 hours sleep!!

Glad your s.in law has survived his incarceration, Heather. Sounds as if he was lucky, really, in the choice of hotel allocated.
  • LINDY - no pressure (!) but was hoping that you both had arrived there OK.
  • Lindybird said:
    Saw this today: "If you have a garden & a library, you have everything you need" -- Cicero

Yes, I have sent that as a card and received it. I love that saying!

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• How COOL is that!? A system for neighbors to watch out for neighbors.

Heather B said:

ROSY - the pole is on the other side of the boundary fence at the bottom of my garden, in a neighbour's garden but very close to my fence. They were not at home so no access to their back garden, he rang my doorbell ! It's an old fashioned system with overhead wires going to each of the neighbouring houses

• Bonnie, flaked out after two walks already today, plus a dip in the sea as my OH decided she smelled of seaweed!!

• On the top of the chrysalis there is a place where the females show a tiny line, whereas the males show more like a dot. Takes a magnifying glass sometimes. Once the butterflies are out, it is easy to see the difference by looking at the hind wings. Males have black dots on a vein on both sides, and females do not, but their veins are thicker. I learned it while raising monarchs one summer. It was very very cool, but lots of work.

Unknown said:
    How can you tell if it's a male or female butterfly?