Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 19 September 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK! HAPPY FULL MOON! HAPPY AUTUMN EQUINOX! 

The Harvest Moon turns full Monday night/Tuesday morning (depending on your location). The equinox is Wednesday for most of us.

(Sorry, AQ, I didn't work out when you will experience all these events. It's sweltering hot here tonight, and my brain isn't working. LOL!!!)

• Morning all:

AQ: I'm so impressed with how SA has tackled Covid; all very thorough.  Glad you're feeling better; maybe next time stop to stretch/do shoulder rolls midtrip or, failing that, a couple of glasses of wine when you get home.

PatO: Soft tissues much better than walking around with a much-used handkerchief tucked up your sleeve or in your pocket.  I wonder about the widespread use of tissues (how many trees - argh), but they're surely much more hygenic (and kinder to unhappy noses) than handkerchiefs.  

Daughter and granddaughter, or maybe just daughter, arriving today? tomorrow?  Who knows.  Ms. D definitely not coming - well, what am I saying - their plans seem to change by the minute...... Currently, she'll be staying with g/daughter's ex whose two youngest kids attend the same school.  I don't ask too many questions any more.  Can keep up.....

• Hi, all. Just checking in with you folks. The weather has cooled off here, but the autumn rains and thunderstorms have begun. I didn't get to see the Harvest Moon last night. 

Like Annette, I'm also mightily impressed with the way AQ's state has handled the pandemic. They've been impressively responsible, unlike Indiana.

I live on the border between two counties. The one to the south of me has decided to hold the annual Covered Bridge Festival this year (it was canceled last year due to COVID-19). In recent years, this event has drawn between one and one and a half million people from across the nation and around the world over 10 days. This year's festival will almost certainly be a super-spreader event. The COVID-19 positivity rate is 27.2% in the county (for individuals). People refuse to wear masks, and less than 50% of the population is vaccinated. 

I understand why the politicians felt compelled to allow the festival. There isn't much traditional work available in the county. People in the arts and crafts community and all the folks who own restaurants, B & Bs, antique shops, etc. depend on the tourist income generated by the festival for their livelihood. I felt very sorry for them last year. However, holding the festival under the conditions here--with COVID-19 running rampant and unchecked--is so dangerous. The social/political landscape here is also very volatile. I wouldn't want to be in a crowd like that this year.

I'm going to stay on my patch and work. 

Annette: I hope you have a nice visit with whichever of your relatives show up. ;-)

OG: I hope you're feeling better today and you will be able to enjoy your garden centre visit on Friday. Sending you strength, my friend. I think about you daily.

Also sending healing to Pat O, AQ, Harelady, and anyone else who needs it! That was a beautiful poem you wrote, Lindy.

• Oh dear, Pat. Your immunity to colds probably gave up when you were busy fighting the nasty bite reaction you had. Be kind to yourself and have lots of hot drinks.

Annette, I agree that I much prefer to use paper tissues & throw them away.
  • Good morning, all! It's a beautiful morning here and we'll soon be heading north.

WOOOOOOO ............. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
  • AQ: Are you okay? My public radio station just said that the record-breaking earthquake was felt in Adelaide. I'm not hearing reports of fatalities, so I will assume you're still kicking. Seriously, hope your house has no damage.

• Clare and Limpy: Have a safe, scenic, relaxing journey!

• Safe journey and happy holiday, CLARE and LIMPY !!
  • AQ  concerned.

Sending Hugs Healing and Love

Clare and Limpy

Safe journey and days ahead, ENJOY

• DIANE - I heard about the earthquake in Victoria, also, on BBC world radio. 5.8 on the Richter scale?
    I didn't pick up that the tremors were fe!t in SA, though .
  • To ALL concerned – Storm in a teacup. Apparently there were 3 earthquakes in Victoria this morn, largest 5.8, another 4, little damage, no injuries reported, lots of OMG’s. Supposed to be felt as far as Adelaide but I didn’t notice anything as I prepared to leave for food shop. Perhaps a bit of drama was needed to counter the covid doom & gloom and the idiot protesters in Melbourne. (City streets filled with more anti-everything Rent-a-Rioters than construction workers.)

We prefer tissues - made from deliberately grown timber, can be tossed out rather than keeping a pocketful of germs. Saves washing too. We have a recycle scheme where food scraps, tissues, ie anything of natural origin can go into a corn starch bag in a caddy. Bag goes in Green bin & is collected weekly. I don’t bother as I bury my veggie scraps in garden. I can’t be bothered with tissues & the occasional chop bone.

Neck a bit stiff, on the mend after a long nanny nap. Thanks for your concern.