WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY AUGUST 22, 2021

Hallo all.  Just back to hotel from day with friend.

Rosy:  Sounds like an exciting day for the 12-iyear-old.

I'll be here for another night, then heading hom early Monday.....

Have a good Sunday everyone.

• Just a thought

Joy does not simply happen to us. We have to choose joy and keep choosing it every day. (Henri J M Nouwen)

• AQ - Sorry you're below par, as they say. Hope the dentist experience is painless, except for your bank account! (I got my broken bit of tooth fixed on Wednesday, amazing what they can do to make it look like your own tooth these days!)

Not sure about today's quote -- I've often found unexpected joy, which can be the best kind! But I agree that you should look for good things every day.

Lynette, sorry about your painful knee. Hope you can get your injection & some relief.

Read the latest RSPB magazine and found a good article about South Stack Reserve, on Anglesey, which we know well. We used to, anyway, but didn't go there last year due to the virus. It says there are new additions to the cafe so must go and explore it.

I'm packing yet again as off to Wales tomorrow just for a few days. Would have gone yesterday but my OH has a big competition with the golf today.
  • Good afternoon, all.  If anyone would like to see a few waders and things I saw at Minsmere recently then click on this greenshank:

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Clare:  Always like to see  your pix!

AQ:  Sorry you're feeling off.   You're usually so upbeat.  My daughter called to have a rant yesterday.  Gardener showed up to mow the corrals (or something) and failed to check that his mower had enough gas......   And apparently it's hot again in Prescott Valley!   And I'm supposed to do what?   Just listen.  Oh joy....

• Clare - Lovely pictures as always. Thank you so much. Your reaction to the snipe made me laugh - I had a similar reaction when I was driving (very slowly!) along a not-quite-made-up road on Mull and one walked out in front of the car! Hope he's still there when you visit ... although it may be a great-grandchild, as it was a few years ago!!
  • Pat O said:
    Your reaction to the snipe made me laugh - I had a similar reaction when I was driving (very slowly!) along a not-quite-made-up road on Mull and one walked out in front of the car!

I'd be more than happy to have such a lovely bird cross the road in front of me!  Around here I tend to end up braking for pigeons, doves and gulls - not to mention the odd psycho blackbird playing chicken!  A snipe would be a change.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• If anyone would like to admire a rather ostentatious bathing bird, click here.

• Lovely sequence Clare. A good clean up always leaves me feeling refreshed too.
  • Me too ......... though there isn't enough space in our bath for me to splash about like that.

• Oh that is a really lovely shower, Clare!