Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 15 August 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a joyful, wonderful week. Be careful and stay safe, folks. 

• KATE – Thanks, I had forgotten the date for La Vuelta. Oh dear, very late to bed - our telecast begins at 11 pm.

LINDA – Love your poem!!!!

Too many phone calls today and I am rushing. . .  

• People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.

Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired.

Don’t rush me. I’m waiting for the last minute.

• Good Morning. Damp & cloudy here again, and in most of the UK.

Diane & Annette: I can start a new thread next Sunday if needed, I've been known to do it before. As you say, it's not that important in the scheme of things but it does help to keep us tidy!!

Diane, enjoy your dog sitting - I know the dogs love you so it should be fun! We will miss you, though.

I slept in this morning, and it seems I sleep a lot these days, as my eyes get tired by the afternoon. I find it difficult to write on this mobile for this thread, but my tablet just won't let me for some reason, and puts up the "error" message. I need to go on my desktop more where I can type away to my hearts content.

Hope everyone has a good week, and Annette feels better soon. Thinking of OG and EE.
  • AQ -- You wrote at the same time - glad you & others enjoyed the poetry, and I enjoyed your quotes.
  • I'm indulging in posting pics of my grandchildren, who met up on Saturday and had a picnic in a park.

• Amber adores her littlest cousin, and didn't want to go home. They had not seen each other for over a year.

• Nice that the young families met up at the weekend, LINDA. Sorry that Toffee and Sue still have issues; I hope he will learn to trust, but meanwhile she is doing the right thing anyway - dogs should be on leads in public places.

DIANE - I hope you friend's' time away is better than last time, while you enjoy time with the dogs.

ALL - sorry I haven't got myself anywhere near normal yet, but will keep looking in here. We had to get up early today for J to go for his ultrasound at nine o'clock!
  • Hello all
    I'm still busy washing etc and cleaning but hope to be back on form soon !
    Thank you for news and pics -
  • Morning all:

Lindybird: Love the photos - they lifted my rather gloomy spirits this morning (sciatica kicked in during the night after a near-normal day yesterday - boo hiss!). Thank you.   If you get here before me next Saturday, feel free to start us off again.  I have friends who prefer to text on their phones and tablets, while I much prefer my laptop with it's real keyboard on which I can type so much faster.

Clare:  I share your thoughts re Afghan women and all those young girls who've been getting an education over the last 20 years....   Burqas are probably the least of their problems right now. It's clear their men aren't going to fight for them.  A pox on ignorance.  As you've probably surmised, it's me with the sciatica, not Diane and no, I don't swim - never learned and am a tad phobic about being surrounded by water.

Not sure if I'll be doing the trip to northern California, although I was really looking forward to hanging out with my old friends.   Apart from temperamental right leg (brake and gas pedal leg of course!), my daughter in AZ was in the ER all day yesterday with a lovely case of C.diff. due to antibiotics prescribed for a leg injury that have now wreaked havoc among all the good bacteria in the plumbing. Poor granddaughter now has even more to do and she just recently ended her relationship with her partner, so lots of angst and weariness to go around at this point....  I've a feeling I'll be sort of packing for a sort of trip to somewhere or other that I might not even be able to make.   Arghhh.   But these are the times that makes us appreciate the good ones, right?