Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 8 August 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON! 

The moon turns new tomorrow (Sunday). I hope everyone has a joyful, healthy, and safe week!

• Happy Friday the 13th!

Everyone have a safe day!

• Thanks, Diane. So far I have safely negotiated hoovering the floor and answering my e-mails. I wonder if I can now safely attempt to send some documents via WeTransfer?????
  • Go for it, Pat! I believe in you!
  • Where have you all been? In hiding for Friday 13?

Last year Friend & OH were to go on a cruise to Kimberley region (NW) of WA. Deferred due to covid. New date for this July but the recent Delta lockdowns changed that to August, then Sept. Cruises continue uncertain, as interstate travellers who need to fly through Darwin to WA, must 14-day quarantine by the WA authorities. Who knows what will be next month with covid out of control in NSW. The on-off-on-off yo-yo has taken its toll and finally Friends have given up & cancelled. They expect to get cruise money returned but not air fares.

• I don’t believe in superstition because it brings bad luck!

The root of all superstition is that men observe when a thing hits, but not when it misses. (Francis Bacon)

It is bad luck to fall out of a thirteenth story window on Friday.

• Thank you, Diane. The documents were transferred safely - and now someone else will stitch them together and publish them. Oh the new skills we have learned during lockdown ...

Hope everyone has a good Saturday. I'm going to a house-warming garden party this afternoon. The hosts are hoping for sunshine. As they say, 'we have plenty of room outside but not much inside'!
  • Glad it worked, Pat. I wouldn't have a clue....

Good Morning. Dry here but very cloudy.
  • Enjoyed a lovely visit here on Thursday. S-in-L had to work at Kilmarnock (retired but frequently free-lancing back in the care home sector) so he dropped off our Dau#1 in the morning, We had a good catch-up all day, and he arrived back mid-afternoon so we all had dinner and more chat until they left mid-evening.

It was difficult meeting after so long, but having J adding his news too helped and conversation soon warmed up. I was very tired that night and again yesterday, but feel a bit better today. OH is outside dead-heading Dahlias etc.
  • Lindy, I send documents quite frequently, but hold my breath until I have confirmation from the recipient. I use technology but don't always trust it ... am I the only one???

Lovely garden party this afternoon - warm sunshine. Around twenty people there, many of whom I hadn't seen for around eighteen months. So nice to do something 'normal' and 'summery' for a change. Shame about the mud leading to the horses in the next field - of course we had to go and feed them with carrots. I've managed to scrub the mud off my sandals and my feet!
  • Family left this afternoon. I am now lying down in a darkened room ! Seriously, it was a lovely week. Washing machine working hard.