Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 8 August 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON! 

The moon turns new tomorrow (Sunday). I hope everyone has a joyful, healthy, and safe week!

• 3 Aussie states are in lockdown. So their kids are not at school. . . 

Home Schooling is going well. Two students suspended for fighting and one teacher fired for drinking on the job.

If the schools are closed too long, the parents are going to find a vaccine before the scientists.

If you see my kids locked outside, mind your own business. They are being Home-schooled and they are having a Fire Drill.

• Good Morning. Yesterday we drove past the castle at Caernarfon, which is always impressive, and bigger and better than you remember, however often you view it. We were on the opposite side of the river there.

• View through the windscreen of the footbridge from the base of the castle, to the opposite bank. It rotates to allow boats to enter the river.

• The pub and the city walls beyond the castle.

• LINDY: Those lilies were really fabulous. Lilies are one of my favorite flowers. Loved the pics of the castle. Have a nice time.
  • Family have gone out for the day to Aviemore area.
    Cinderella is just about to get her sweeping brush and be busy !
  • Lost post - will try again tomorrow - everything is such an effort!
  • Heather - I thought Cinderella would be having a rest day while the family are out.!

Kitchen was sort-of completed yesterday - fitter unwrapped the last replacement door and discovered a flaw in the finish! He has used it as is and ordered a replacement - says he will the one who comes to swap - a 10 minute job. After that it will all be over to EE for walls etc - watch this space for a few more years! We both like the way the laundry cupboard has turned out.

Sympathy with whoever it was having recent blood tests - I still have bruises from the hospital stay.

J has a job interview this ev

This message whizzed away but has come back - sorry for confusion. Sending for real now!
  • Keeping my fingers crossed for J. Helen is now in her eighth week at her new job and I'm delighted to say she's doing really well.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Great news of Helen, Clare :-)

OG - Well, good news & bad news on the kitchen front. Hope the new door turns up eventually (again!) Fingers crossed for J tonight.

We are home again after whizzing around, cleaning the caravan & leaving all tidy for Sue, who arrives there on Friday. She is having 8 or 9 days there whilst her son & family are in the area again, so I hope the weather is better for her than it was for us this time.

We did it again! Don't remember how long ago it was, but we approached home from our motorway turn off & were on a busy local road, within 200 yards of our final turn to get home, when the police stopped us as there had been a bad accident. Some poor soul had come out of a side road & collided with a lorry. Don't know if it was fatal but it was bad, said the police to us.

So we turned around, having been on the road for over 2 1/2 hours and within sight of home. I swear the dog knew we were going the wrong way!!