Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 8 August 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON! 

The moon turns new tomorrow (Sunday). I hope everyone has a joyful, healthy, and safe week!

• For all of you gardeners, here's a bright rare flower to begin your week. This is a federally endangered Prairie Fringed Orchid that grows on the Glacial Ridge National Wildlife Refuge and is protected.

Prairie Fringed Orchid
    US Fish and Wildlife Service
    Photo labeled public domain (copyright free)

• Diane: Thank YOU. Love the orchid. We typically (or I do anyway) think of them as being quite exotic and tropical, but they range all over the globe.
  • Annette: This flower is in Minnesota. Who'd of thought they could exist in the extreme cold there?

Good luck with your freelance timeline. I also have a freelance gig in the pipeline. Woohoo! We're negotiating the contract terms now. It will be at least a month before I get the manuscript. Probably more...

Also, Annette (and bjane). I suggest you read THIS ARTICLE sometime when you have a minute and especially take note of the reference to the FEMA test. That's next Wednesday, August 11, from 11:20 AM to 11:50 AM California time. I'd be careful about where you are at that time, based on the Homeland Security warning. UK folks: If you know anyone travelling to the U.S., you may want to show them that article, too.

EDITED TO CORRECT THE TIME.

• Diane:  Oh Lord. The loonies are at it again. Thanks for the info; I'll keep an eye out for more coverage.  I expect to be in my kitchen during the FEMA test and thinking bout my first glass of wine (or maybe it should be two??)  Hope your freelance gig gets finalized soon and that it's not the life's work of someone who can't write or spell....

• Annette: I originally had the FEMA test times wrong above, so I edited to correct them. Sorry. I know you're 3 hours difference from me, but I counted the wrong way. I'm tired tonight. LOL!!!

• Lovely sunny day, yesterday’s washing now dry. Latest directives from Health Dept – churchgoers may sing but must wear masks while doing so. I hardly have enough puff to sing ordinarily!!! Anyway I am still avoiding church & possible crowds. With streaming online services, I don’t have to dress neatly!
  • Wine is win with an ‘e’ on the end.

A father was trying to teach his young son the evils of alcohol. He put one worm in a glass of water and another worm in a glass of whisky. The worm in the water lived, while the one in whisky curled up and died.
    "All right, son" asked the father, "and what does that show you?"
    Well, Dad, it shows that if you drink alcohol, you will not have worms".

• AQ: Very, very wise to avoid crowds right now. The virus is out of control in the US right now. You're being smart.
  • Lilies growing in a pot for one of our neighbours here. We can enjoy them from our window!

Thanks to Diane for starting us off again, and the info. Glad you've got some more work lined up. Love the flowers!

Wet here as is most of the UK, which means low temps for August. We are going to test the new hoover (vacuum cleaner) & maybe have a short outing.

Everyone have a good Sunday.

• All going as well as can be expected here!
    The three year old is a little bit feral but very loveable !